Didn't think I'd be doing this again any time soon!

After owning my JCM for a few months (I know..) and trying other amps it has become quite apparent to me that I once again made an impulse buy that I regret because there's too much gain and I really need a dedicated clean channel. Then I sat and thought about it and realized pretty much everything I have is an impulse buy that I regret and I figure it's time to change that.

Here's what's going to be leaving my collection and approx what I think it's worth (lemme know if I'm wrong here):

Marshall MG100DFX - £150 if I'm lucky and find a noob locally
Marshall JCM900 MKIII - £300/400
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - £250
Visual Sounds Double Trouble - £70/90
Boss GE-7 (I think..) £40
Dunlop Crybaby (I think..) £40

PSP + games - £100 maybe? IDK.

So from that and with christmas coming up I reckon I have myself a fair amount of gear I can buy. My plan atm is:

Epi + VS DT -> Traded into a shop -> Marshall Class 5

...That's all I've got thus far.

I'm going to need a proper gigging amp.
So here's the info:
Budget - £600/700 all going well
Genre - Rock/Punk
Tones I like - Black stone cherry, Velvet revolver, AC/DC, Alkaline Trio, Led Zep, 3 Doors down, White stripes
Willing to go used - Yes I am.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Can't speak to the Marshall Class 5.

What about something like a Classic 30. It can handle the heavies with a boost and you'd have a nice clean channel. That or a Traynor or Laney of some sort - not sure what's available to you.

Bump
There's also the new Marshall MA series to consider, which really seems promising. Also consider the Hayden Mofo and Valvepower 18 watt.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Oct 6, 2009,
Quote by Raijouta
There's also the new Marshall MA series to consider, which really seems promising. Also consider the Hayden Mofo and Valvepower 18 watt.

Hmm that's very true, anyone know when the MA is released?
The MoFo actually wasn't my thing at all when I tried it, I found it to be much more of a blues amp than a screaming rocker, maybe I just need to try it more in depth. I keep looking at plexi's on evilBay and really gasing for one but the lack of a clean channel is just a pain in the ass.

Peavey Classic 30 I'll consider if I can try one. The 18 watter is the one Gabe has right?

Ughh, choosing amps is so difficult.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

Gabe has a Brown Note Lite. Dave_MC has a Valvepower.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Gabe has a Brown Note Lite. Dave_MC has a Valvepower.

However the Valvepower is more or less identical to the Valvepower. They use the same schematic and have the same features as mine so I can vouche for it.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Last edited by Gabel at Oct 7, 2009,
Quote by Gabel
However the Valvepower is more or less identical to the Valvepower. They use the same schematic and have the same ffeatures as mine so I can vouch for it.

Well duh, they are the same amp!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by Gabel
However the Valvepower is more or less identical to the Valvepower. They use the same schematic and have the same features as mine so I can vouche for it.

I'm really interested in that amp of yours Gabe (and Dave if he reads this), does it have any headroom for cleans at gigging volumes without being mic'ed? Would I need a decent OD to get it up to a nice rock tone, pretty much the tone you use for whole lotta love in your demo? Would I be able to cut through when using it with a band, 2nd guitarist uses a 100W MG (I know I've told him he needs a new amp).

EDIT: Is there a company like ceiratone in the UK? Their 36W would be great but it'd be damn expensive to get sent over here
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

Last edited by SimplyBen at Oct 7, 2009,
Quote by SimplyBen
I'm really interested in that amp of yours Gabe (and Dave if he reads this), does it have any headroom for cleans at gigging volumes without being mic'ed? Would I need a decent OD to get it up to a nice rock tone, pretty much the tone you use for whole lotta love in your demo? Would I be able to cut through when using it with a band, 2nd guitarist uses a 100W MG (I know I've told him he needs a new amp).

EDIT: Is there a company like ceiratone in the UK? Their 36W would be great but it'd be damn expensive to get sent over here

Headroom? Nope. Breaks up real quick. If we're talking a slight broken up tone, sure. But pristine cleans, nah not really. It breaks up at 2 slightly. But yeah however with an overdrive it sounds great. I used to plya it straight, getting slight overdrive and then using my OCD for getting a real great rock tone before I had the power scale.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009