Hello mates.
How can I get a tone similiar to Paul's lead tone?

Gear: (currently)
JS30KV D-Sonic/Air norton
Digitech RP500 (some people say it sounds digital, but through a JCM800 and a peavey 6505+ it sounded amazing D=.)

Link w/ stuff my processor has

The closest I've got is with: A legacy amp through a Boutique cab, boosted with a Boss DS-1, analog delay and a noise gate.

Any tips?
(I know there is no way I can get exactly the same tone, but maybe I can get a little closer to it)
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby
Hello mates.
How can I get a tone similiar to Paul's lead tone?

Gear: (currently)
JS30KV D-Sonic/Air norton
Digitech RP500 (some people say it sounds digital, but through a JCM800 and a peavey 6505+ it sounded amazing D=.)

Link w/ stuff my processor has

The closest I've got is with: A legacy amp through a Boutique cab, boosted with a Boss DS-1, analog delay and a noise gate.

Any tips?
(I know there is no way I can get exactly the same tone, but maybe I can get a little closer to it)

I heard they use D-Activators and MESA heads, which help alot. They used to play with EMGs, but I think theyve got the DiMarzios in their PRSes.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
Quote by Mitochondria9
I heard they use D-Activators and MESA heads, which help alot. They used to play with EMGs, but I think theyve got the DiMarzios in their PRSes.

I've tried the Rectifier, Triple Rectifier and Mark IV simulators I have in my processor but they don't sound as smooth as the Legacy.
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby
I've tried the Rectifier, Triple Rectifier and Mark IV simulators I have in my processor but they don't sound as smooth as the Legacy.

Sadly, a modeler, unless you an incredibly expensive one, isnt going to give you the perfect tone.
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
Quote by Mitochondria9
Sadly, a modeler, unless you an incredibly expensive one, isnt going to give you the perfect tone.

I'm aware of that. But still, I'm REALLY REALLY close to it, I'm gonna restring on friday and upload clips and post my EQ settings and stuff.. someone might help me
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby
I'm aware of that. But still, I'm REALLY REALLY close to it, I'm gonna restring on friday and upload clips and post my EQ settings and stuff.. someone might help me

Good luck, I know Paul uses alot of effects, so hopefully you can get it.
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
I uploaded a clip with my Paul Waggoner Sweep tone ignore it's out of tempo cuz I couldn't hear the backing track and now I can't remove the drums.. Plus I was too lazy to tune to Drop C# so it's in Drop C

Any recommendations to improve the EQ?
Last edited by IHeartMyCrybaby at Oct 12, 2009,