So this weekend I finally got new guitar strings, being in desprate need of them for sometime. I restrung my Ibanez RG120 last night, with standard 9-46s Ernie Balls, Same as I had before. I didnt have too much time to mess with it after I restrung it. Today I come home and find the tremolo system pulling out of the bridge. (I dont have my camera with me, its at my mothers house, I'm at my dads, so I cant post a picture. It looks like I restrung it with too large a string guage , but I'm sure its the same as before. I'll admit, my old strings were almost rusted through and I hadnt changed them for some time. Could this be normal, due to a long time between restringing? Or is my guitar jacked up?
Needs a new sig

Scandanavian Metal > American Thrash/Groove> Everything Else

Gear:
Jackson JS32T Kelly
Ibanez RG120
RavenRG60
Boss Metal Zone
its just that the old strings were all stretched out so they were making less tension, pull on your strings loads, about twlth fret, and itll go down, but it wont go all the way down till ur strings are as old as the old ones, so youll have to open up the back and screw the claw further into the guitar.
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Pull on my string loads? What doesthat mean? (Sorry for being a noob, I'm entirely self taught- I've learned everything I know from the internet)

EDIT: LOL, that was a fail,sorry. Disregard post. Thanks man.
Needs a new sig

Scandanavian Metal > American Thrash/Groove> Everything Else

Gear:
Jackson JS32T Kelly
Ibanez RG120
RavenRG60
Boss Metal Zone
Last edited by COBHC145 at Oct 6, 2009,
pinch your string about twelth fret, and literally yank on it alot, you should do this whenever u restring, it saves time, and stretches them out, so they go out of tune less.
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.