Page 1 of 2
Hey pit, here's a quick question that I've been wanting to ask for a while. Why is there so much hate for other genres of music here? I'll elaborate on that a bit. More times than I can count I've noticed people getting flamed for their taste in music. Now before this starts I want to say this. I'm not trying to start anything between people and I'm not whining about anything. I just want to know, what person created the idea that their genre of music is the only one that anyone should like? Curiosity is a burden
from time to time....let the hatred begin!
Quote by el-ECTRO
If your child can breathe, suspect drugs. Only people who breathe take drugs. People who cannot breathe still can, but it is increasingly difficult.
Quote by rocker_46788
Hey pit, here's a quick question that I've been wanting to ask for a while. Why is there so much hate for other genres of music here? I'll elaborate on that a bit. More times than I can count I've noticed people getting flamed for their taste in music. Now before this starts I want to say this. I'm not trying to start anything between people and I'm not whining about anything. I just want to know, what person created the idea that their genre of music is the only one that anyone should like? Curiosity is a burden

wat
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Music is subjective. That and the most common human emotion is probably hate. We equate the feeling of hate to anything we don't like.
R.I.P. PAUL GILBERT

You will be missed...
People are too close minded and selfish to accept any other opinion and taste other than their own.

Oh but I hate everything else because it sucks and I'm better than all.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by rocker_46788

There's more tolerance here in UG then most other music or guitar forum's
what bothers me is that i dont really care if my school blasts rap at lunch like everyday over a PA they have set out there...
but when my friends and i get together like a few times (like once a week) people go to the principal and the counselors trying to get us to stop because they dont like the music...

that really really bugs me
Shazazmic......why does ur signature say RIP Paul Gilbert. im pretty sure he didnt die unless we r not thinkin bout the same paul gilbert
Quote by ampoverload
Shazazmic......why does ur signature say RIP Paul Gilbert. im pretty sure he didnt die unless we r not thinkin bout the same paul gilbert

I also noticed it.

I even googled it.

This is the subtlest troll ever.
Quote by rocker_46788

Because users of this site really need you to do this.

By the way, I created that idea.
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by tatotato
I also noticed it.

I even googled it.

haha i googled it too. i havent been on ug to often so i wondered if i missed somethin. i was like..i will be so pissed if he died
but it also brings us together to hate the same kind of music... like disney

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
Quote by RinestoneCowboy
I'd be interested to find someone who doesn't like my taste in music...

Dislike the following bands/artists:

Against Me!, Agalloch, Akercocke, Antestor, Aphex Twin, Arcade Fire, Arcturus, The Avalanches

That's just your A section, and half the bands I haven't even heard.
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by tatotato
I also noticed it.

I even googled it.

R.I.P. PAUL GILBERT

You will be missed...
Quote by ampoverload

When the hell did Les Paul die? I'm pretty sure he's still alive.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Quote by NO11YOU
There's more tolerance here in UG then most other music or guitar forum's

this, I used to think that UGer's were ignorant as f*ck but after going to other music forums, the mere mention of a band people have heard of will force you to find a gigantic flame shield.
Its not hating genres that pisses me off, its hating other people for their prefernces that pisses me off. Everyone hates me for liking country and classical, and they think the rap i listen to is fake rap (my favorite rappers/groups are Mos Def, Nas, Public Enemy, Eminem)
Quote by Froboarder
When the hell did Les Paul die? I'm pretty sure he's still alive.

ಠ_ಠ
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by RinestoneCowboy
I'd be interested to find someone who doesn't like my taste in music...

I went to your profile to start a fight with you.

Then, I saw it. First band in your favorites: Acid Bath

I love you.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
I think more people hate the system more than the actual music itself. So many talented artists out there being shadowed by less talented artists getting famous coz they're the ones chosen to be exposed.

Someone grab my shotgun, we're going hunting!
i like to much music from Evile to Daft Punk, Motely Crue to The Eagles, Public Enemy,Run DMC, Bob Marley,P-Funk, Buckethead, Megadeth, Pink Floyd, Paramore, Nightwish, RATM
you name it i probably listen to it..i cant help what my ears do and dont like
Quote by Momentosis
ಠ_ಠ

I just yahoo'd it. Damn,and not to long ago either.
I was out of town, so I heard nothing of this.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Hate the music, not the fans. And I don't really hate specific musical genres at all. I hate musicians who make their image more important than their actual music. Specifically, musicians who are all about looking good in their music videos with lots of money and attractive people hanging around them, instead of making meaningful music.
Quote by Froboarder
I just yahoo'd it. Damn,and not to long ago either.
I was out of town, so I heard nothing of this.

It's alright man.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
My sig shows diversity. One is a screaming horde of psychopaths. The other is a metal band.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

DISCO SUCKS!!!!!!!!
Sorry. I'll go home now.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
DISCO SUCKS!!!!!!!!
Sorry. I'll go home now.

You best be on yer way, boy.
Quote by angus fan16
Quote by Jackal58
DISCO SUCKS!!!!!!!!
Sorry. I'll go home now.

But here, well... "you can hang out with all tha boys. Its fun to stay at the..."
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

People are close-minded. Nothing else to it really. They prefer labels to enjoying music.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Quote by millerdrr
But here, well... "you can hang out with all tha boys. Its fun to stay at the..."

Quote by Froboarder
You best be on yer way, boy.

No you.
I rest my case.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Lulz Metalc0rez

Anyway, I don't know, I listen to most things, but I honestly refuse to listen to manufactured music, like Jonas Brothers and Fall Out Boy and the likes.

Music isn't the same if it isn't from your heart ):
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Page 1 of 2