Page 10 of 10
Quote by Ineedmoney427
+1. I've got six of them. I need about 100 more. You can't have too many guitars.

agree

Quote by XianXiuHong
Can I try your guitar?

What makes you think I'll hand over my CUSTOM guitar over to someone I barely know and knows can't play guitar? It's like sharing your girlfriend, YOU DON'T DO IT. (Well to me it's like that anyway)

aaagghh i hate when they ask me
is like my life and i share almost everything
except my guitar!

but the one i hate most is:
ure a girl?and play guitar?
(no its just a biiig new purse)
can u play jonas brothers
( )
Last edited by concho_valen at Feb 13, 2010,
I hate it when people who dont play tell me I'm not as good as the Lead Guitarist in my band whenever I'm jamming on my own or something.

A: I never claimed to be better, cause he plays circles around me. and B: There's a reason hes the LEAD guitarist and I'm the RHYTHM guitarist. Dumbass.
Hey!Everyone!
Come and See how good I look!

You Stay Classy, Ultimate Guitar
The worst is probably when I'm at a party or a friend's house and someone brings up that I play guitar and all of a sudden some guy pulls the worst-looking acoustic guitar ever out of a closet and hands it to me and tells me to "play something."

Then I realize it has four non-consecutive strings that are all rusted to balls and completely out of tune, so I try to tune it and they say, "Dude, that sucks..." to which I must reply, "I'm trying to tune it."

Then I get nervous and get the tuning as close as possible and try to play something, but at this point I'm nervous and the lack of strings messes me up and everyone finally decides to change the topic of conversation/attention and I put the piece of junk back in the closet.

Seriously, it seems like this same piece of crap guitar is everywhere. No matter where I go, if there's a crowd of people, that guitar is there. I could be on the Moon or in the middle of the desert and the piece of shit would rise up out of the dust and someone would hand it to me.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Guitarists are too damn touchy. Every once and a while someone's gonna ask you to play a song, and you probably won't know it. Get over it, maybe? And I refuse to believe that any of the "So what? I can play that on Expert in Guitar Hero" stories are true, nobody is that stupid. Nobody.
"Can I suck your dick?"

Seriously. It gets annoying.
Quote by turd_ferguson
[0:17] If my parents knew I was part of a group who celebrated christmas by drinking cough syrup they would probably cry

WEATHERER, the greatest band ever.
Quote by CaptDin
Guitarists are too damn touchy. Every once and a while someone's gonna ask you to play a song, and you probably won't know it. Get over it, maybe? And I refuse to believe that any of the "So what? I can play that on Expert in Guitar Hero" stories are true, nobody is that stupid. Nobody.

I just got that a few weeks ago, bro. Trust me, people DO compare guitar hero to real guitar.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
My dad always asks "Is he/she good?" when there is somebody on TV playing chords on an acoustic guitar. Its just chords, it isn't what I would judge when it comes to talent.

Quote by PsiGuy60
I hate it when I get asked whether or not I'm good at playing guitar.
When I say I'm good, I sound like I have my head up my arse.
When I say I'm not that good, I always get laughed at, or stupid comments thrown at me.

It's a lose-lose situation.

I always just say "I guess so." That seems a little bit less like bragging, yet not making fun of yourself.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Last edited by tmfiore at Feb 13, 2010,
lol at this thread
Quote by Venice King
MelodicSlap you are a the only god!!! Go breed now and spread your perfect DNA!

I was doing that ironically.
Quote by akelne2
when a song comes on and someone asks me if i can play it.

it's not like i've learned, or even tried to learn, every damn song

Yes! People ask me this all the time, and I'm just like "I'm sure if I tried to learn it, I could..?" What kind of dumbass question is that?

Oh, and another thing that really aggravates me is when people who've actually seen me play guitar think that I'm a bassist..
Even after I've corrected them.
1.Person: Play (some crappy song)
Me: Well I don't know it
Person:What you don't? you suck!

2.Are you good? (No matter how you answer you sound like a douche)

3.MeHas guitar in hands)
Person:You play guitar?
Quote by Primus2112

*lolstack*

I had to do that instead of a real lolstack, because the number of lols would exceed the image limit. But dear god

Quote by Burgery
Well he's not a bad teacher, it just seems like he really doesn't know an awful lot about what he's teaching...
Not really relating to the topic, but because I play guitar , I should be able to shred, and sweep pick and solo for an hour. Or play metal. Yes I have a somewhat metal guitar (in sig), but sorry, I don't really like metal. Nu-metal is about as metal as I go (SoaD, Deftones).
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by XianXiuHong
Can I try your guitar?

What makes you think I'll hand over my CUSTOM guitar over to someone I barely know and knows can't play guitar? It's like sharing your girlfriend, YOU DON'T DO IT. (Well to me it's like that anyway)

Thank you. Its cute that you wanna pluck a few strings here and there and say "LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL i suck" thats fine, but not my expensive guitars. Just no.

I just hate it when youre playing and they ask you to play some random ass song you dont know, and you say you cant play it, and they look at you like you suck.
Last edited by SGibson666 at Feb 18, 2010,
Not really a stupid question, but I get it everytime I play in company
"What can you play?"
I mean, for someone whos been learning for a few weeks, its nice to see what theyve picked up.
But aimed at someone whos been playing for 11 years, (they know this because its usually the question prior to what can you play).....
Would you like me to sit here and list off 11 years worth of things that I can play...including grade excercises, scales, modes of scales, warm ups, things i've written, things I can just make up on the spot?
Or...do you just want to ask a new question?
Quote by bananahammock
"can you do that cool taping thing"

honestly its the easiest damn skill. u hold a fret tap one and hammer one, anyone can its not even a skill.

That's not how you tap!