Page 5 of 10
Neither do i I play By ear its funner that way and ive been playing with out seeing for as long as ive played
Quote by Zaphikh

One frabjous day, the ClaptonWannabe decides to drag his e-board out to the gnarly waves of the web. Forthwith and without explanation he rides down to the forum of the Pit, anchored but a furlongs distance west of the U. ....
...d and done. There is nothing new on this Earth. Life continues.

this boggled my mind and made my day.

Take this, you deserve it

Quote by poopsmith666
thats pretty epic actually.

-Cheap classical guitar
-Cheap western
-Ibanez GRX70 jumpstart package
-Shine bass + Eden Nemesis en8jr 25W
Quote by TheBigProjekt
*Jonas Brothers comes on*
Can you play this.
No.
Awh...

Seriously, ever since I played in the talent show, I get this. And I played Trivium and August Burns Red. And Thunderhorse as an encore.

i always listen a couple second say its way to boring they call me on bs i play the same three chords everyone these days uses looking bored as hell unplug do some tapping arpegios over the chords (still bored) then i lay down close my eyesand start snoring to the melody
Quote by MusicLine
Gundam pilota09, i'm happy for you, and imma let you finish, but Moses had the best ten commandements of ALL TIME.

Had to do it.
Quote by PhillyHendrix
Me: *Plays song*

Idiot: So what? I can play that on Expert in Guitar Hero!

Me:
---
Friend who wants to learn guitar: Hey bro! I want to buy a guitar! Should I buy a rhythm guitar or a normal guitar?

AGREED!
whenever i play an obscura/early metallica/carcass/death/whatever technical metal song, people always ask me to play jonas brothers or some other dumb crap. it really does get on your nerves. (i played incarnated, blackened, and blind bleeding the blind for a talent show, and afterwords a bunch of people asked if i could play sos and paranoid, and i was like "sabbath?" and then, "no the jonas brothers! whats sabbath?")
Did you actually play that?
Quote by MusicLine
Gundam pilota09, i'm happy for you, and imma let you finish, but Moses had the best ten commandements of ALL TIME.

Had to do it.
"How Good Are You?"

How am I supposed to answer that?
Quote by xander307
that wasnt scary daryldom, it turned me on

Proud Canadian Eh?
Quote by ampoverload
just hit some chord and say....i bet ur friend cant sweep that fast. hahah.

i dont like sweeping that much either. its overused and for me at least, i cant put any emotion into it

lmfao nice one!
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Ever heard of sight-reading??

I dont sight read for political and moral reasons.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
friend- "can i have a go for 2 minutes" *plays paint it black intro slow as hell "**** yeah"
me- "yeah can i have my guitar back now i wanna play it"
friend- "just one more song"
me- "you only know that one song!"
friend- "yeah but isn't it good?"
Quote by bananahammock
"can you do that cool taping thing"

honestly its the easiest damn skill. u hold a fret tap one and hammer one, anyone can its not even a skill.

agreed, its not a skill, but a technique
"Is it hard?"

Yeah no shit, Sherlock.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
I still think the question 'Do you play acoustic or electric?' is valid. There are people who focus on just acoustic guitar, and there are others that just play electric.
Quote by chaoticfables
I still think the question 'Do you play acoustic or electric?' is valid. There are people who focus on just acoustic guitar, and there are others that just play electric.

if they havent seen your guitar or you playing then i fully understand this statement. how are they meant to know unless theyve seen it.
"Heh, did you pick bass 'cuz it's got less strings and easier?" "Yea, I bet guitar was too hard for ya,"

No, dickweed, less strings does not mean less difficulty.
You're killing me Smalls!
Quote by shattamakkar
OMG ARE THOSE WAT I THINK THEY ARE!
I have to go with the "Do you play electric of acoustic?". Someone mentioned that it's valid because some people focus on one over the other, but I don't really agree that they are two distinguishing categories. Either way it's still playing guitar.

I'll never forget this comment I heard one day when I was seen playing my acoustic guitar. "Oh you play acoustic guitar too".
Quote by _Ixnay_
"Heh, did you pick bass 'cuz it's got less strings and easier?" "Yea, I bet guitar was too hard for ya,"

No, dickweed, less strings does not mean less difficulty.

bass players deserve a **** load more respect. the other day i was talking to my mate about bass guitars and he was saying **** like 'you can't spell bass without ass' and it seriously pisses me off. i play an electric so im not some pissed off bass player but without bass most songs sound incredibly ****, just cause they arent flamboyent and dont show off as much doesnt make them worse musicians.
When someone asks if i can shred or play TTFAF... i hate trying to explain things to people also...
Someone looked at my case and asked .......... Is that a saxophone?
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.

RHCP

LED ZEP

HENDRIX

Hail SYD BARRETT
i get the "can you play (guitar hero song)?" question a lot, its almost always One by Metallica.

also a friend of mine asked me to teach him Sweet Child o mine and about 5 other songs knowing he had never picked up a guitar before in his life. but he was good at guitar hero so he thought he could do it.....
Quote by SmoothTrooper
i wake up every morning with a stiffy that could dent an Oldsmobile...and i know that everything is a-ok.

Quote by whatamidoinhere
Maybe we should have some kind of naked UG get together...

Imagine how horrifying that would be
This one time I got mad at a kid for asking me a question about something that I didn't know myself until I started playing guitar so I yelled at him.

Oh, and this other time I got mad and made up a story about another kid asking me a stereotypical question that guitarists say they hear but really don't.

As many others have said:

-Do you play electric or acoustic?
-How good are you? Can you play fast?
-Can you play with one hand?
-Can you sound like Buckethead?
-Can you do that sound Zakk Wylde does?
-Does your guitar have a whammy bar?
-Can you play (one of the following): Smoke on the Water, Iron Man, Crazy Train, Enter Sandman, Thunderstruck, Back In Black, Highway to Hell, Sweet Home Alabama, Sweet Child of Mine, Stairway to Heaven, any guitar hero song, or some other stupid song.
-Do you have distortion on your guitar?
-Can I try your guitar? or people sometimes don't even ask and strums all the strings over and over again, and move the whammy bar side to side instead of pushing down, then says my guitar sucks.

Or just stupid things people tell you:

Noob: Yeah, I have a Fender Strat.
Me: Oh cool! What model?
Noob: Uhhh...I don't know.
Me: Well, how much did you pay?
Noob: Ummm 300 dollars, and it came with an amp and everything!
Me: So it's not a Fender. It's probably a Squier.
Noob: Yeah, same thing. Whatever.

Or

Me: You play guitar? What guitar is it?
Noob: Uhh idk. It's the kind [enter guitarist's name here] uses.

Or

My guitar is better than yours! [Enter guitarist's name here] uses it.
UG's AC/DC Lover
The dumbest thing I've had is a girl I brought home after a night out asking why what my amplifier was. I explained to her it was what electric guitars need in order to make sound (putting it simply).

She then asked, "So... guitars can't make those sounds normally? Oh! I thought people just played guitars differently to make different sounds"

Lets just say she slept in the sofa in the living room :|
Matter is void. All is vanity. All is nothing. Nothing exists.

But damn does whisky rule
i got asked once if i learnt how to play songs using guitar hero to get the right chords and notes etc....
Quote by Talonwolf
The dumbest thing I've had is a girl I brought home after a night out asking why what my amplifier was. I explained to her it was what electric guitars need in order to make sound (putting it simply).

She then asked, "So... guitars can't make those sounds normally? Oh! I thought people just played guitars differently to make different sounds"

Lets just say she slept in the sofa in the living room :|

Doesn't your sister have her own room?
my friend bought his second guitar a few months ago it was a nice les paul copy from a local shop,
a few days after i asked him how the guitar felt while playing,

he said "oh its great theres just one problem, i cant find the slot for the whammy bar"
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Last edited by bellamy_morello at Oct 7, 2009,
Quote by Shredder Guitar
I'm really allowed to say as i want, i wasn't insulting you.

And "screamo," as you so bluntly put it, wouldn't have sweeping in it. I was just saying.

It's not like i would say "Oh, you play blues. You must be black."

i didn't imply you were insulting me, but in American dictation,as you should know, that word has romantic meaning rather then the way "dude" has. accept where you live and deal with it.

how can you really say that screamo has no sweeping? have you heard every screamo song? you can't honestly make such a generalization....my statement was an example.
my hovercraft is full of eels
Quote by kippysmith
"Do you play electric or acoustic?"

I don't think that's such a stupid question... if someone random joe who knows nothing about guitar asks you it along with all his friends I can see how it would get annoying but from one guitarist to another and in the context of "which do you prefer?" then I think it's a very valid question.
If you want to shine like the sun first you must burn like it.
Quote by zero27
I don't think that's such a stupid question... if someone random joe who knows nothing about guitar asks you it along with all his friends I can see how it would get annoying but from one guitarist to another and in the context of "which do you prefer?" then I think it's a very valid question.

but the case usually is that they believe you can only play one
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
Why didn't you get a guitar with a whammy bar?

Because I didn't want a whammy bar, why is that such a big deal to people?
I hate the 'what songs can you play?' or the 'can i play your guitar?' when its a bass. im a bass player btw
ROOTS RADICALS
Quote by aap80
"why do you need another guitar?"

God I hate that one as well, and i try and explain it to them but theyre to retarded to get it
ROOTS RADICALS
The worst question/comment to all bass players is 'Isnt bass really easy? Cause it is in rock band/guitar hero
ROOTS RADICALS
Quote by Rocker_94
As many others have said:

-Do you play electric or acoustic?
-How good are you? Can you play fast?
-Can you play with one hand?
-Can you sound like Buckethead?
-Can you do that sound Zakk Wylde does?
-Does your guitar have a whammy bar?
-Can you play (one of the following): Smoke on the Water, Iron Man, Crazy Train, Enter Sandman, Thunderstruck, Back In Black, Highway to Hell, Sweet Home Alabama, Sweet Child of Mine, Stairway to Heaven, any guitar hero song, or some other stupid song.

And these are stupid questions because?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.