I recently bought a relatively new Epiphone DR-100 from one of my friends, who is a smoker. I have had it for awhile but the smoke smell is still there. Anyone have an idea to get rid of the smell?
My amp smelled pretty smoky for a a couple of months and even made my room smell but it eventually went away. I guess it might take a little longer for a guitar because it is exposed wood. Aslong as you keep the air fresh in the room you keep it in, it should go away. alternatively put it in its case with odour eaters and itll probs accelerate the process. maybe best just keepin' it well aired
Quote by seanchief2112
My amp smelled pretty smoky for a a couple of months and even made my room smell but it eventually went away. I guess it might take a little longer for a guitar because it is exposed wood. Aslong as you keep the air fresh in the room you keep it in, it should go away. alternatively put it in its case with odour eaters and itll probs accelerate the process. maybe best just keepin' it well aired

Chances are, you probably just got used to the smell and stopped noticing it...probably, I dunno, I'm not you/in your home though.

Anyways, I'd say put it in it's case with something to make it smell nicer, like a car air freshener, odor eaters, whatever...just don't febreeze it....that could be bad. I had a case that smelt really bad when I first got it, so I threw an unopened Pine-tree shaped Orange scented car air freshener in it...now people compliment me on the smell haha.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!