Hi guys, I'm in the market for a new amp and I want something with EL34's for sure. somewhere in the neighborhood of 600ish or less, even a mini amp would work actually, like the Orange Tiny Terror, which I'm looking at.

I know bugera makes an amp with EL34's, but I'm skeptical of their reliability and I'm not a fan of behringer whom I've been told is behind bugera.

Is there anything on the market for my price, powered by EL34's that I'm missing? I like stuff like Taking back sunday, Underoath, As cities burn. but thats not as important because I know what I want my amp to sound like. I have an SG with a Seymore Duncan JB in the bridge.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
Wait for the Marshall MA to come out...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Marshall dsl201 combo is good, marshall sound at a slightly more manageable volume? worth checkin out, used ofcourse. tiny terror is cool, but the vox night train has better cleans with more headroom. Marshall haze 5w too? although it kinda lacks on features.
Carvin X100b. The tiny terror has no clean, no effects loop and not many options for versatility.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Last edited by Deep*Kick at Oct 6, 2009,
Quote by Deep*Kick
Carvin X100b. The tiny terror has no clean, no effects loop and not many options for versatility.

Oh I know the tiny terror's a one trick pony. But, I'm feeling like I don't need anything more. I have a B-52 AT-100 and its great, but I want some EL34 voicing. But I just keep it on the distortion channel and switch to a rolled off neck humbucker if I want to clean things up plus I don't think I'd use an effects loop even if there was one... the Terror might actually be exactly what I'm looking for. My only other question now is, how well would it power a 4x12 cab? Or should trade that in too for a 2x12 or even 1x12??

Thanks a lot
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
Quote by Raijouta
Wait for the Marshall MA to come out...

Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
why the requirement of EL34s? power tube selection accounts for about 20% of the amp's overall tone, and EL34s are probably the least reliable power tube in common use right now.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
the tiny terror uses el84s anyway
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Don't get a Tiny Terror.
Bugera amps are great, I wouldn't worry about the reliability, the V55 fits your needs. You could also get a Marshall combo, or, as Raijouta said, wait for the MA series.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by DLrocket89
why the requirement of EL34s? power tube selection accounts for about 20% of the amp's overall tone, and EL34s are probably the least reliable power tube in common use right now.

If you're choosing between an EL34 and a 6L6 there is a huge difference in tone - you're choosing between a harsher sounding tube with a bit more top end (i.e. British tone) and a smoother, more mid heavy tube (i.e. American tone).

TS: If you're willing to go used look into an Ashdown Fallen Angel 40DSP combo - 40 watt all-tube amp (four 12AX7s and two EL34s), decent cleans, and it can go from a classic British crunch to a high-gain animal. I highly recommend a speaker swap though (if it has stock speakers) because Ashdown's speakers aren't the greatest.
+1

i think it is more than 20%

hell I consider amps worthiness depending on power tube type. I own amps with EL34s and 6L6s.

Also check the Epiphone So Cal 50 head. It's around $500 I think. I'll go check.

Love this amp
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SoCal50HD/
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Oct 7, 2009,
have you looked into traynor amps at all? I know they make a couple of amps with el34's.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's