Ive been playing bass for about a year now and i have only taken one lesson. Im not really sure how i compare to other bass players with one year of experience. Can anyone tell me some songs that a typical bass player with one year of experience should be able to play? [U]No Rap Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What are some songs you can play good now?

And there is a thread with a whole bunch of songs, listed out in Easy, intermediate, hard, etc..
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Depends heavily on their style and goals.

I do like to play RHCP's My Friends though .... im around a year or so myself. +1 to the songs thread though but theres no kind of benchmark for playing anyway so just do what you like.
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."
Uhm I can play Anesthesia by metallica. Cant stop, Give It away and Suck My kiss By Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Hysteria by muse, Longview By green day, Tom sawyer by Rush, Southbound Pachyderm By Rush.

I Can play a lot more songs but those were the first few off the top of my head
When I'd been playing for a year, most difficult song I could play was probably The Elephant Riders by Clutch
Schecter Hellraiser V1 / Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 / Gallien Krueger 400RB / Hartke Transporter 4x10 / Digitech BP200 / Pod Studio GX
Try some older Metallica (the bass is more prominent) or maybe Rush.
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
Maybe try learning an entire album? You could play through it to work on endurance for gigging playing multiple songs back to back is harder then you might think if your not used to it.
Gear:

Fender Jaguar Bass
Ashdown MAG300H Head
Ashdown 410 T Deep Cab
Epiphone Thunderbird
Squier P/J Bass
SKAK20BA Practice Bass Amp
Get an challenge for yourself!
Rush - yyz
Rush - Spirit of the radio
Iron maiden - Phantom of the opera
Metallica - Battery --- something basic!
Hey man dont be so fast to rule out rap! Im not really into it myself but some stuff i really get into and Alot of Rap/HipHop songs have really cool bass lines that make for great practice or warmup routines. Check out some Cypress Hill or Matisyahu. And then there's Rage Against the Machine which finds a happy? blend.

This is the great thing about playing music. It gives you a chance to broaden your tastes in music so you can hunt down that new sound or tone or feel.

Have fun mate