Hey
Don't want to sound like an idiot but I've been playing guitar for around 7 months or so...learned the B natural minor scale and been screwing around with some song ideas and riffs but havent gotten that far cause i got football everyday...but anyway i was wondering about songs like master of puppets where it seems no scale is used (unless you say chromatic) i mean the main riff is...

12 12 11 10 00 12 00 11 00 10...007006005040302

basically what im saying is it uses every note from E down so is it written in a scale and if so which one

sorry if this is a really stupid question but screw it im interested

thanks
Quote by footballsean13
Hey
Don't want to sound like an idiot but I've been playing guitar for around 7 months or so...learned the B natural minor scale and been screwing around with some song ideas and riffs but havent gotten that far cause i got football everyday...but anyway i was wondering about songs like master of puppets where it seems no scale is used (unless you say chromatic) i mean the main riff is...

12 12 11 10 00 12 00 11 00 10...007006005040302

basically what im saying is it uses every note from E down so is it written in a scale and if so which one

sorry if this is a really stupid question but screw it im interested

thanks

Master of puppets intro is chromatic.
Quote by aldo47
(i thought hot strings would make me finger faster.)
so i tried to set my strings on fire by putting a lighter on the high e string n it cut it so wtf??!!? i passed the lighter rrly slowly by it for less then a sec n then it snapped...
It's a long song, changes fairly often. You'd have to analysis it riff by riff
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
The song (as with most Metallica songs) is primarily in the key of Em with a lot of chromaticism, particularly the intro.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.