Hey Guys I have been playing for a year now and I got a new Kustom KGA16 Amp and I cannot figure out how to tune it. I play alot of metallica, could some one tell me the best settings for it . in bractets is the knobs,

Lead (Gain ,Volume) Rhythm(Level ) Equilizer(Low, Medium, High)
Last edited by Mettallica86 at Oct 6, 2009,
Tune your amp?

IAmConfused

EDIT: I Just Read over it again. You mean EQ your amp. (At least thats what i refer to it as) Anyways, There's really nothing i can do to help, that is, without the actual amp in front of me.

I CAN reccommend that you just experiment until you find a good sound.

For metal, it's usually a good idea to have a lot of low and high frequencies. Not as much 'mid'. At least from my experience.
Yeah, uh-huh...that's what they all say.
okidok, welcome to UG you can borrow my flameshield for wanting to 'tune your amp' some dick is gonna make a joke. It's called eqing.
Anyway there's a huge thread on Amp setting called the Ultimate Settings thread which should meet all your needs .
put it on the lead channel, turn the gain up (3 o clock or so)...for the EQ do something like this: Bass-5 o clock, Mid-11 o clock, Treble-4 o clock.

See how that sounds
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
It's not going to sound right because every amp is different. You're not going to sound the same unless you're using a similar amp (such as a Mesa/Boogie Mark IIC+, which was used for the Master of Puppets tone, which is what I assume you're after) and Metallica have used A LOT of different amps over the years.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
you cant tune it?

turn the freaking knob
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Quote by Mettallica86
yea i have tried but i just cant get it to sound right

If you've tried everything possible under the sun, then you may just not have a very good amp for that type of tone. I reccommend investing in some effects/distortion pedals.

Besides, to get it to sound exactly like Kirk Hammet from Metallica's Tone, you're going to have to have the EXACT (or really similar) equipment as him.

You know what i mean?

But it doesn't mean you can't get close. I reccommend checking out that thread that someone just mentioned, Ultimate Settings.
Yeah, uh-huh...that's what they all say.
Quote by stephen_rettie
okidok, welcome to UG you can borrow my flameshield for wanting to 'tune your amp' some dick is gonna make a joke. It's called eqing.
Anyway there's a huge thread on Amp setting called the Ultimate Settings thread which should meet all your needs .

ya i looked andf i cant find nothin on amp setting im new to this
how did my suggestion sound? tell me what you don't like and I'll tell you where to go from there...while not every amp is the same, what each knob does is, and you have a pretty simple amp so you should be able to find your tone relatively easy (or at least as close as you can get to it)
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
Quote by Mettallica86
ya i looked andf i cant find nothin on amp setting im new to this

there you go https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=688660
Quote by BassFishin
Tune your amp?

IAmConfused

EDIT: I Just Read over it again. You mean EQ your amp. (At least thats what i refer to it as) Anyways, There's really nothing i can do to help, that is, without the actual amp in front of me.

I CAN reccommend that you just experiment until you find a good sound.

For metal, it's usually a good idea to have a lot of low and high frequencies. Not as much 'mid'. At least from my experience.

DONT do this
a healthy amount of mids is good. try from 12 oclock all the way across the eq and go from there
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
meh, doing the smiley face eq is fun for the younger ones, let him figure out mids are good on his own. i say have fun, try jacking the highs and lows and cutting the mids(it does make it so the guitar doesn't stand out in the mix, but you only worry about that when playing with other people). i had a scooped tone for about 2 weeks until my ear told me this wasn't good.

the main reason you can't get metallica tones is cuz your amp just won't do that. if you want to nail metallica then get a 4x12 or 2 and a rediculously expensive head. this setup will cost more than your first car so... make due til you can afford it. rat pro co time.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
bass 10
treble 6
mids 0

should sound perfect.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
idk if the thread is still up and goin but too let it be known this being my first amp which i still have after about 10 years this is a 16watt practice amp..its not a road king or anything..but it is a good amp as for the sounds its more bluesy..for my metal tones i have a rp7 valve that i run and it works just fine for bedroom use..soo for those tryin too get some balls from this thing it dont have get a pedal of some kind and use that..
Quote by Deep*Kick
bass 10
treble 6
mids 0

should sound perfect.

will sound like TOTAL CRAP.
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Did your other amp "sound right"?

If you can't get the sound you want by EQing, it's the wrong amp for you.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Although I'm not a particular fan of no mids, not having any doesn't mean his tone will be crap, its just an opinion. Remember, ALL tone is subjective.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Try the Ultimate Settings thread. You can find a link to it in the list of good threads sticky at the top of the page.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...