Im pretty much a noob here, but trying to get my sound up.

Im interested in getting a Vader Cab. Its rated at 440 watts I think.

So my head is a Peavey 6505+ at 120w

Is this going to be enough to push these speakers?

Im sure they would never blow, but is it possible to get them to reach potential with a head that produces less than half the power the speakers can handle??
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
everything is fine

plug in,crank it up and start doing some brutal
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
i assume you play metal, so you hardly want speakers to be pushed
and post some pics
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Pushing speakers isn't ideal for metal.

Pushing speakers and breaking them in isn't the same thing, either. Speakers will break in regardless of rating.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by O.O Meow O.O
everything is fine

plug in,crank it up and start doing some brutal

lol sounds good. But it just doesnt sound right. Wouldnt maybe a 400w head (just for topic sake) sound alot better than 120?
NOOO!
post pics too damn you
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
ok thanks for the help.

and yes I do play metal, I want the most brutal tone ever. Vader pretty good cabs for this???
no,for the **** sake, NO
the 6505 is so ****ing loud already
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Quote by Holy-Diver
NOOO!
post pics too damn you

haha ok, ill get one of my overpriced 2170 up for you
well, a cab designed to handle 440 watts is designed to sound the same regardless of the volume being pushed out of it. this is popular for metal bands(particularly ones that play with slack tunings). cabs are designed to have this high of wattage so that lots of distortion or very low notes can keep their composure.

if you prefer a cabinet with speaker breakup you may want a 2x12 with v30's or so(this would give a 120 watt rating, a 4x12 with g12H's also have a 120 watt rating, i am neglecting the specific tone of the speakers with these examples). A speaker will perform differently when pushed toward the edge of it's operating potential(like when you run a speaker near it's capacity power handling). this is known as 'pushing' or 'rounding' a speaker, it is more popular in rock and blues based music and gives a verbose tone that is desirable to some.

but the simple answer to your question is that this will be a cabinet that will keep it's characteristics across a wide range of volumes, and if that is what you desire then this is your cab. but if you prefer a cabinet the exhibits the characteristics of speaker rounding than this will most likely not be your cabinet.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae