Ok, so I want to get the new Marshall Class 5 amp (or another low watt tube amp.) I like the tube overdrive you get from it, but since it only has a volume knob I would have to play with it at high volumes all the time, which won't work considering I have neighbors, lol. I wanted to know if I can get a volume box/pedal and use the volume on the amp as more of a gain?
I don't think that would work, the pedal would just lower the input to the amp.
What you need is an attenuator like this http://www.guitarcenter.com/THD-Hot-Plate-Attenuator-101243475-i1145573.gc but I'm not sure if they work with combos without a modification.
Quote by Skwisgaar Skwigelf
Fish don't gots no good metal to listens to.
Last edited by burntfacedog at Oct 6, 2009,
They only work with a head+cab, but you can modify your combo.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5