Well hello bass forum, I hope you are right and well. But let's cut the chase shall we? so Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you my YAMAHA RBX 775

features:

35" maple neck with 24 fret rosewood fretboard
Sculped alder body
Gotoh style mini tuners
mono rail bridge
active electronics
Knobs: Volume, Tone
Pickup Selector
Switch to boost the mids
Alnico Pickups
Also is made of win

Pros:

It's one of the best basses I own (I have a Schecter Stiletto Custom 5, Ibanez Sr506 and Ibanez btb 200) I love it because it was my first high class bass and also my first 5er, I strung it with Daddario Pro Steel heavy gauge, one of the best feaure of this bass is the Switch which boost the mids because it gives me punch on the sound, it works wonderfully in slap and also tapping, the bass is with me since summer 2006 and it doesn't go out of tune.

when I use this bass with the SABDDI it sounds a lot like Juan Alderete mix with Chris Squire

Also one of the features is the pickup selector switch which is not very common in bass guitar, and IMO is better than a pickup blend knob.

Cons:

the big downfall of the bass is that when the string loose their sound, the bass sounds really muddy, like a Tbird perhaps, the other thing that puts me down about this bass is that Yamaha doesn't make more of this babies.

So this is my BOTM hope you like it =D

moar pics

Stickied! Nice bass. Are there any soundclips on your profile? Is this the winning bass of the Bass Wars fame?
Quote by FionnRuadh
O.O
Shiny.......
Why do you like pickup selectors as opposed to blend knobs?

A selector (in my opinion anyway) makes it easier to find a good tone as opposed to sitting there trying to find the right mix. Separate volume knobs for each pickup are a little better but still something I dislike because I don't like messing around with knobs very much.
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
to tam: yes with these bass I wrote Biosphere 1 and 2, Something bassic, If we believe, etc

to Fionrudah: like cal said before its more comfortable to find the tone you need

also the bass look shiny due to the flash but it also change of colour tone depending on the light of the room
Last edited by thegiaco2112 at Oct 7, 2009,
awesome...

i have a 375
great instrument for its price, though lacking a metal tone...
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
Quote by thegiaco2112
Also is made of win

Oh really? Where could I buy some of that?

>.>

<.<

But I have to say, that's an interesting color, sounded great in Bass Wars and does seem rather awesome. Nice bass!
yamaha represent? never too fond of yamahas too much they are usually never the best of any instrument but usually a good buy in the lower mid range quality provided you did not pay too much for it
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
That is a really nice looking yammy.

What are they like in comparison to Ibanez? I find Ibanez very clinical sounding and was wondering whether the yamaha is similar?

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Quote by shinhoman
That is a really nice looking yammy.

What are they like in comparison to Ibanez? I find Ibanez very clinical sounding and was wondering whether the yamaha is similar?

x

its a different sound, this one has a very great botton end while my Ibanezes XD has a more bright sound, in the song "If we Believe" I played it with the Yamaha if you want a soundclip