is it possible to use an intrument mic to record my amp and somehow get it directly onto a USB flash drive then transfer that recorded file to my computer. i have a half stack and a computer downstairs (no laptop) so it would be annoying to move my amp every time i wanted to record.
My gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 LS100 Half Stack
Dunlop SW30 Slash Signature Wah
Digitech Hardwire CR-7 Stereo Chorus
Digitech Hardwire DL-8 Delay/Looper
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Fender CD220CE Acoustic
actually, there is a way. ive never used it for that, but i have a device that basicly does exactly that. it is meant for turning records/cassettes into digital media, but it could easily do that. it basicly takes an audio input and outputs to a thumb drive. i cant remember what the thing is called, and i left it at my parents house so i dont have it. ill try to find out what it was called, because it sounds like it would do what you want.
Quote by jof1029
actually, there is a way. ive never used it for that, but i have a device that basicly does exactly that. it is meant for turning records/cassettes into digital media, but it could easily do that. it basicly takes an audio input and outputs to a thumb drive. i cant remember what the thing is called, and i left it at my parents house so i dont have it. ill try to find out what it was called, because it sounds like it would do what you want.

So you can, but you need a special... interface?
yeah, but its pretty much going to be the same as anything, you will need some sort of interface. its basicly like its own soundcard/recording program. is it better/cheaper than buying a digital 4 track that you can then hook to your computer? maybe, maybe not. i just saw the thread and realize, oh damn, i have that thing...