Okay, so I played football from the time I was eight until this past Summer. I was an offensive lineman, so I'm a burly guy. Even when I was enjoying football, I never liked being huge; it's just not me.

Since July, I've lost 30 pounds. I don't really exercise anymore, but I put myself on a strict diet that has worked wonders. Now that some of my fat is gone, I'd really like to get some of my muscle off, namely in my legs. My legs, particularly my upper half (above the knee to hip), are absolutely massive, and I can't stand it.

So, what's an effective way of dropping muscle mass, and is there any way to concentrate the area I lose it in?
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
It's genetics...?

Seriously. Genetics play a big part.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
do lots of exercises with flyweights and ****.
Like long periods of time of doing nothing but core muscle exercises , with like 5 pound weights. For example, reps of like 50+ with 5lb weights. It sounds ridiculous but its more stamina than muscle building and it burns fat really quickly without putting on more muscle.

This wont make you lose muscle mass, but it will tone the muscle and give it more definition.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
More than a little jogging/running.

Do a lot. The excessive cardio will make your body concentrate on losing weight fast, and when you run out of fat to burn, you will start losing muscle, too.
R.I.P. PAUL GILBERT

You will be missed...
>.<
that's exactly the opposite of what i want to do. i want more muscle on my legs.
here's an idea, give it to me!
Eat less protein. Protein helps maintain muscle mass, so if you eat less, your muscles will weaken and deteriorate.
Main setup:

ESP Eclipse
PRS Torero SE
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster head, 2x12 cab
FX: Crybaby Slash Wah, Ibanez TS9x, Mesa Boogie Throttle Box, Boss TU-2, BF-3, DD-3, PS-6, RC-3, etc.
I have the same problem. It won't go away. I was an offensive lineman because my legs were huge and strong. It's been two years. With or without lifting, my legs are still huge and are going to be huge. It's life, and we were made that way.
Quote by shredbeyndshred
what diet were you on?

It's nothing specific, but I just did the following things:

-Two large meals a day, and I gradually made these meals slightly smaller to curb my appetite.
-Drink milk or fruit juice with meals, otherwise drink water. I cut out soda completely.
-Snack liberally but healthily.
-Snacking involved me actually reading serving sizes. For example, the bag of pretzels said a serving size was about 17 pretzels, so I'd put 17 pretzels in a bowl, and pace myself eating them.
-have at least a couple of servings of fruit and vegetables a day. I eat a lot of salads and drink fruit juice to get my servings.
-For awhile, I cut out ALL sweets. I eat some now, but I still watch it.
-I don't eat fast food anymore
-you don't have to count exactly, but I try to keep a ballpark estimate of my daily percentages.

Basically, I've been doing that since July. I've loosened up on some of it, but I've also gotten stricter on other parts. I haven't had a soda in three months.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Last edited by Spartan070sarge at Oct 6, 2009,
Quote by hsteve3
I have the same problem. It won't go away. I was an offensive lineman because my legs were huge and strong. It's been two years. With or without lifting, my legs are still huge and are going to be huge. It's life, and we were made that way.

You wanna trade with me? 4500kcal a day + squats and deadlifts on a regular basis and I still have chicken legs compared to the rest of my body.

Genetics play a huge role in muscularity, but cut the milk and other sources full of protein if you really wanna lose muscle.
Last edited by garden of grey at Oct 6, 2009,
seriously what diet were you on, i wouldnt mind dropping some 30 or so say pounds
EDIT: nevermind, and thanx
peavey vypyr 30
yamaha starter guitar
Agile AL-2000 Tribal Blue

R.I.P REV!

A God Has Fallen,
R.I.P. Dio!

why Scorpions Why!?!
Quote by Spartan070sarge

-Two large meals a day, and I gradually made these meals slightly smaller to curb my appetite.
-Drink milk or fruit juice with meals, otherwise drink water. I cut out soda completely.
-Snacking involved me actually reading serving sizes. For example, the bag of pretzels said a serving size was about 17 pretzels, so I'd put 17 pretzels in a bowl, and pace myself eating them.
-have at least a couple of servings of fruit and vegetables a day. I eat a lot of salads and drink fruit juice to get my servings.
-you don't have to count exactly, but I try to keep a ballpark estimate of my daily percentages.

Basically, I've been doing that since July. I've loosened up on some of it, but I've also gotten stricter on other parts. I haven't had a soda in three months.

That's strange, usually people will increase the number of meals they have instead of decreasing them. I'm a big man myself, but I sort of just accept it. I kind of like being big, excluding the belly.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

Quote by garden of grey
You wanna trade with me? 4500kcal a day + squats and deadlifts on a regular basis and I still have chicken legs compared to the rest of my body.

Genetics play a huge role in muscularity, but cut the milk and other sources full of protein if you really wanna lose muscle.

That sucks, but I can't say I'm hate my situation. I hate buying pants, but playing basketball at the rec is a lot more fun with the legs and my strength. How much can you squat? I felt that lifting heavy really increase my leg size back in high school. I squatted for 405 when I was 15, but I haven't lifted for a true max in years.

Also, at my peak, 5-7000 calories a day wasn't uncommon. I wasn't fat, but I never ate very healthy. I'm from Louisiana, Boudin was big part of my diet. I would no less than 2lbs of it at each sitting.
Last edited by hsteve3 at Oct 6, 2009,
Quote by salsawords
That's strange, usually people will increase the number of meals they have instead of decreasing them. I'm a big man myself, but I sort of just accept it. I kind of like being big, excluding the belly.

Well, I used to eat about four (what I consider) medium-sized meals a day. I condensed them into two, and it filled me up. I do snack quite a bit, but I eat (semi)-healthy snacks.

Quote by John Frusciante
Break both of your feet or legs so you don't have to use them for weeks. It works. I know from experience. It worked a little too well.
Eat no protein and dont work out at all until your muscles atrophy to the size you want them.

edit: and drink and smoke cigarettes.
Last edited by Silently86 at Oct 6, 2009,
However, with his genetics, they will just grow back quickly with any sort of activity level.
Quote by Spartan070sarge

That sounds like my recommended diet from diabetes, but I don't see why you need to do that. Since July I've been on my own diet, lots of water, bit of black coffee (3 or 4 cups a day, just my own thing) and I eat whenever I'm hungry until I'm full, I've lost at least 20lbs and I've been eating happily, and whenever I go out with my friends I can still just munch.

Included in all that is small amounts of working out and walking at least 2 miles a day.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo