ok, so my band and I could play through the fire and the flames at our school talent show, or we could play a song thats more respected (I actually like dragonforce, but I know alot of you dont, and yes, I know there are a lot of better guitarists) like something by malmsteen. Which is better: musicians respect, or douchebags who worship you?
Quote by Hooplah
Yes.

In my eyes, two people marrying detracts from the holy aspect of matrimony.

Quote by Toolshed#9
Americans and your backward religious lunacy
Play a song by a douchebag, or get a bunch of 13 year old nerds hard.
tough decision.
Musician respect, The Seventh Sign by Yngwie Malsteem, or Bad Horsie by Steve Vai
XBL Gamertag:thor7861
message me you're from UG first

I can't think of anything to put here

I say Musician's respect.
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Quote by Erik_Aero
Play a song by a douchebag, or get a bunch of 13 year old nerds hard.
tough decision.

malmsteen kicks ass...I do like classic rock too if your one of those types
Quote by Hooplah
Yes.

In my eyes, two people marrying detracts from the holy aspect of matrimony.

Quote by Toolshed#9
Americans and your backward religious lunacy
Last edited by 'marthhead at Oct 6, 2009,
Quote by columbianneckti
Musician respect, The Seventh Sign by Yngwie Malsteem, or Bad Horsie by Steve Vai

I think you'd get both by playing Bad Horsie.
GEAR:
Fender MIM HSS Strat
VOX AD30VT
FUNDS: $600
Quote by 'marthhead
malmsteen kicks ass...I do like classic rock too if your one of those types

no malmseen is just a douche, but I chose him over Dragonforce.
If you want respect from douches, just play some Blink-182. No point in working hard for their adoration.
You don't want other musicians to look down on you, but the kids will be impressed by anything.
Heaps of 13 year old kids will play air guitar-hero if you play through the fire and the flames.
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Dude totally do TTFAF. It's well known, it's fast and somewhat easy, and you can shred ridiculously on the solos and nobody will really notice if you improvise a bit.

If you play Bad Horsie you won't get as much props and honestly the talent show is about props. Sad story.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Musician respect. When my recently formed band does a talent show. I'm not letting use do some ****ty punk song (my rythm guitarist likes pop-punk). I wanna do something that shows we have skill but will get people pumped. But it's your guys choice. If someone comes up to you and says how gay you are for playing TTFAF just show them what you've got other than that... But honestly congratz if you guys can actually play that at full speed with the solos. You've officially owned herman li who can't even play his solos at full speed. If you can play TTFAF then you should be able to play Battery by Metallica? Much better song and musicians aren't gonna bash you about it. You can't go wrong with metallica at a school talent show. If my rythm guitarist could tremolo pick as fast as i can then i would do that in our next school talent show...

Edit 1:But to be honest you're probably not gonna get alot of pricks telling you how gay you are for playing TTFAF, maybe a couple but not many. All the guitar hero nerds are gonna freak, gonna be a nerd fest.

Edit 2: Now that i think about it, almost everyone i know hates that song... everyone used to like it but not anymore...hmmm.
Last edited by maowcat at Oct 7, 2009,
Quote by woodenbandman
Dude totally do TTFAF. It's well known, it's fast and somewhat easy, and you can shred ridiculously on the solos and nobody will really notice if you improvise a bit.

If you play Bad Horsie you won't get as much props and honestly the talent show is about props. Sad story.

I disagree man, TTFAF is too overplayed, and is boring, and personal, I dislike DF.

But if you play Bad Horsie, you have to conseal a fan so your hair blows like Vai does whenever he picks up a guitar
XBL Gamertag:thor7861
message me you're from UG first

I can't think of anything to put here

You should play Entombment Of A Machine

But musicians respect deff wins.
RIP Terje (Valfar) Bakken
Quote by columbianneckti
I disagree man, TTFAF is too overplayed, and is boring, and personal, I dislike DF.

But if you play Bad Horsie, you have to conseal a fan so your hair blows like Vai does whenever he picks up a guitar

And you have to make the same faces he makes.

Just look at what he does to his guitars........Fetish much.
um do you have a singer that can actually sing dragonforce????
and can you actually play malmsteen stuff cleanly....?