and i hook a ml-2 to that

i have one big issue with my gear
the distortion on the randall sucks, which is why i use the ml-2
but the distortion on the ml-2 is kinda well saturated
its not smooth
u can clearly hear highs and lows not blending together
and sounds strage
any pedals to get rid of that?

plus any awesome gear accessories that make metal tone better?
Quote by CleanCanvas
any awesome gear accessories that make metal tone better?

Depends....

The Russian Big Muff can make an awesome "Zombie" sound, ala the Cranberries

The EHX Metal Muff is a gold standard for Metal Distortion in my book

You want old school, get a ProCo Rat

There's so many good pedals out there!

But 90% of what you and I know of Metal tone, maybe more, is from the amp and nothing else. Sure, maybe a few filters, an OD, but not a "Metal Pedal" per se. So if Metal tone is your destiny, I suggest getting an amp thats built for it. I can suggest a 5150, 6505, as a proud owner. The'll metal your balls off.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
JRM is right. Your balls will definitely be melted off, and I would suggest not using the pedal at all and going straight to the amp. Just cause you own gear doesn't require you to use every piece of it at once.
if you want a pedal that makes everything sound better... BBE sonic maximizer
Self proclaimed prophets are great people...
Quote by enselmis
Just cause you own gear doesn't require you to use every piece of it at once.

finally i understand hahahahaha
You can-
-Mod the MT2 to make it better
Or
-Sell the pedal and amp, get an amp that will do metal without pedals.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
jc349, he has an ML2 Metalcore, it says in the IP. Its very tough to mod that.
TS, new amp
5150 tones are awesome.
Quote by CleanCanvas
if i had the money for a tube amp i would buy it
but i simply cant afford it
which is why i get pedals lol

You sound like me, three months ago.

I'd start putting money into a GAS Budget. I had a tin jar in my kitchen, when youve got about 300 smacks, you can start looking to upgrade to the tubes. It takes time, but if you want it, it can be done.

Now, on the subject of getting a killer Metal Tone out of your pedals, Im going to sudgest an odd combination, because it worked for me well.

Guitar --> EHX Russian Big Muff (70$ on eBay new) --> Boss GE-7/MXR 10 Band EQ -->

The MXR 10 band is superior to the GE-7, but if money's an issue, get a 7 band, Like the DanElectro Fish n Chips or the Boss GE-7.

Metal tone has less to with gain and more to do with EQ than most people know. My suggestion for you would be yo get a EQ pedal and start futzing with your midrange. Either tune it out for that Chunk (scooped sound) or raise it up for more of a Thrasher feel, its on you. But judging by what your asking for, (better Harmonics, better note clarity, less trebb-ly) you are going to have a hard time finding that without some power tubes.

The EHX Russian Big Muff's sustainer works great as a Dist pedal if you turn the Tone Knob and the Sustian Knob to the desired levels. I found the best setting for me was the Sustianer at 9 o clock, the Tone at 12 o clock and the volume about 3 o clock. If you pair that saustained fuzzy distortion with an EQ and a slightly scooped midrange, it can get you real close to metal bliss.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Last edited by Jonny Ryan Mac at Oct 7, 2009,