ok i so i got a new amp yesterday. Marshall avt50 head with MC4x12 cab. Today i plugged in the noise suppressor and when i turned the volume up it made a loud buzzing noise. Is there any way to stop this or whats the go. please help.

thanks in advance

-callum
nope
i plugged them all in together at the store yesterday and they workd fine. umm the amp and pedal are brand new so there shouldnt be a problem
all your cables working ? test them all by using one at a time to go straight from your guitar to the amp.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
ohh thanks man i know what it is now. i got a dodgy lead from a store that makes a buzzing sound. now that im not so worried about it being a big problem. who wants to see photos of my equipment
Where are you pluged in? Sometimes direct sockets in a house cause a hum in the amplifier that even a Gate cant stop, is there a ground lift on the back of your amp? (If there is make sure the amp is off when you try or you can blow a fuse). I doubt that the AVT50 has one, but just in case.

Have the voltage in the socket measured with a multi-meter, but that may not be the problem. Make sure you have a good speaker wire conecting your amp, not a guitar cable or patch cable. If you have no luck, take it back and test it again in the store you bought it in, that will let you know if something jiggled in transport or its just your house.

Still issues, see an amp tech I guess. Im running out of ideas. I hope you get it fixed. Sorry if I wasnt much help.

ohh thanks man i know what it is now. i got a dodgy lead from a store that makes a buzzing sound. now that im not so worried about it being a big problem. who wants to see photos of my equipment?

post away! Lets see it!
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Last edited by Jonny Ryan Mac at Oct 7, 2009,
no one here would ever turn down gear pics
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
ok after looking for my camera for about 10 mins i have realised that i left it in my bag which i left in mums car which has just driven off. i promise i will get pics up tonight.
Quote by Jonny Ryan Mac
Where are you pluged in? Sometimes direct sockets in a house cause a hum in the amplifier that even a Gate cant stop, is there a ground lift on the back of your amp? (If there is make sure the amp is off when you try or you can blow a fuse). I doubt that the AVT50 has one, but just in case.

ahhh... the nefarious 60sec cycle hum.