what do people like about bands like suicide silence and white chapel. i've listened to them and saw white chapel live with trivium but cant see what people like about them. the lyrics aren't artistic at all, the growls and high scream are monotonous and uninventive and the breakdowns all sound the same. what is it about these bands that people like???
Quote by MoogleRancha
000 1 000 1 001 000 1 000 1 000 111

can I use that as a breakdown in my deathcore band? It's super br00tal
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
I think it's been patented simultaneously by every single deathcore band, save a few inspired ones.
Philosophy > Life
Quote by MoogleRancha
Or is it Despised Icon? An ABACABB song?

OR SUFFOCATIOOOOOOOOON

TS, check out half these bands we're listing. Despised Icon is a really good deathcore band.

EDIT:
Quote by romencer17
can I use that as a breakdown in my deathcore band? It's super br00tal

Wow, I didn't even think of reading it like a tab. I seriously thought he was referring to that ID song with the binary code for a title
Last edited by jetfuel495 at Oct 7, 2009,
oh, to address TS.

Listen to Animosity.

you will never be able to say deathcore sucks anymore.

Sumdeus
The only deathcore i like is All Shall Perish and Whitechapel

I've seen both live and ASP is insane, awesome songs, awesome riffs, they aren't always throwing breakdown after breakdown in your face like some of the other deathcore bands, awesome solos (both shred and melodic) and their lyrics are actually really good. (especially their newer stuff) Whitechapel is great live too, the vocalists doesn't sound any different live than he does on the album. They're not as technical as ASP, but they have great crushing death metal riffs and good melodic parts like the song Possession.

There aren't many deathcore bands that i like because they all seem to try to be brutal and just come off as scene kid magnets. Those 2 bands i love however

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by romencer17
oh, to address TS.

Listen to Animosity.

you will never be able to say deathcore sucks anymore.

i actually didn't like animosity at all

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by SPBY
i actually didn't like animosity at all

Then you lose your opinion privileges!

Sumdeus
Quote by doofus41
what is it about these bands that people like???

They don't have to worry that something will sound out of the ordinary?
Philosophy > Life
Quote by romencer17
Then you lose your opinion privileges!

then i didn't say my opinion that i dont like animosity therefore i have the opinion privileges to say that i dont like them

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Either way you lose!

Sumdeus
Quote by romencer17
Either way you lose!

yeah, i did lose those few minutes of my life when i made the mistake of listening to animosity o.O

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Uninspired, generic, "chug chug chug *squeal* chug", fairy singing, bukake loving, bands. But I suppose if you like one generic dethcore band then you like em' all. I'm still against having a dethcore thread active in the METAL forums.

But that is just my humble opinion.
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
Quote by k1ng_pooh
Uninspired, generic, "chug chug chug *squeal* chug", fairy singing, bukake loving, bands. But I suppose if you like one generic dethcore band then you like em' all. I'm still against having a dethcore thread active in the METAL forums.

But that is just my humble opinion.

listen to the song Black Gold Reign by All Shall Perish... is that chug chug chug *squeal chug?

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
No. ^
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb

PM me for GP5
Quote by k1ng_pooh
No. ^

and they're deathcore. There's good and bad in every genre... it just seems that in deathcore its about 98% bad.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Eh, don't listen to it then, I recommend listening to Insanity's Blood for Blood, savage stuff right there.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Who cares why people listen to deathcore, which a few of us hate? Its boring metal to me but these threads have been done long before you have come here, so anticipate a lock.
Quote by jetfuel495
That Ion Dissonance song? Or the Ayreon album?

Should forget deathcore and just listen to Ayreon.
Quote by SPBY
and they're deathcore. There's good and bad in every genre... it just seems that in deathcore its about 98% bad.

I ment "No" as in no I will not listen to that, not "No, there is no 'chug chug..etc'". Also, which side of the argument are you on?
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock

so true ^.

Quote by smb

PM me for GP5
Leave the deathcore alone. I don't listen to deathcore, but i don't make a fucking thread stating the genre suck.

If you don't like it, don't listen to it ... and shut up.
Quote by SPBY
yeah, i did lose those few minutes of my life when i made the mistake of listening to animosity o.O

Nice retort
Last edited by TubeAmp89 at Oct 7, 2009,
Quote by GisleAune
Leave the deathcore alone. I don't listen to deathcore, but i don't make a fucking thread stating the genre suck.

If you don't like it, don't listen to it ... and shut up.

Leave those hardcore kids alone! After all they've been through! How dare you!?

SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock

so true ^.

Quote by smb

PM me for GP5