Well... sad to say it but, I'm a little new to tube amps I still have the stock tubes from my new B-52 ATX-100 head.

I know the tubes in my amp aren't very good (it's a b-52, good sound, but noisy cheap tubes ).

I'm wondering what you helpful guys here would reccomend I get for a re-tube of this amp for a high gain tone.
Let me expand upon this idea of my tone...

I like a nice crunchy high gain, with plenty of growling low end, enough treble to give a crunchy edge to my tone, and an emphasis on a low-mid kinda grind and grit to my tone. Which tubes would help me achieve this?

I'm already mostly happy with my tone, I just want a bit, well, more! I feel it needs more push and agressiveness. I would also like a lot less hiss

I've been looking at eurotubes as a starting point, but I'd like to get the best deal possible. I'm not really too sure I should be dropping almost $200 on a set of tubes that I'm not sure will get me where I want

So...suggestions UG?
Gear:
B-52 ATX-100
Mesa Oversized recto 4x12
Jackson DKMG (w/ BareKnuckle Warpigs )
Ibanez Acoustic

Feel free to add me or PM me.
Well I'm not sure exactly what tubes are going to do that for you. But I do know that on the ValveKing thread we talk about some different tube types for pre-amp tubes and their characteristics. Also if you checked some of the other brand tube amp threads they might have some insight as people mod and expirement with them. Though if you belive the tubes are cheap maybe just get the same tubes from a different brand. I'm newer to the tube thing but between my tube head and running my effects board and throwing an EQ in my loop my tone sounds great.
Live Rig:
Peavey VK (power amp)
R&R Amps SL/LD (preamp)
EB Volume
Zoom G3
Morpheus Dive bomber
Dunlop 95Q
Guitar-any in my stable
5150 Cab (V30/Sheffield X-pat)
You'll need to know how each tube position is wired into the the different channels.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
bump
Gear:
B-52 ATX-100
Ibanez Acoustic

Get whatever tubes it came with from a different company. In your case, that'd be 6 12AX7 tubes and 4 6L6GC tubes. You can experiment with different types of 12AX7.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
I've been doing some research....as far as preamp tubes I'm seeing that Groove tubes seem popular.

Opinions?
Gear:
B-52 ATX-100
Ibanez Acoustic

no grooves. get some jj 12ax7s or ecc83s and winged c 6l6s
win and win
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by Holy-Diver
no grooves. get some jj 12ax7s or ecc83s and winged c 6l6s
win and win

Yeah, I just figured out that they are just rebranded tubes. They test em a certain way or whatever that supposedly makes them better

Apparently from what I'm reading most preamp tubes seem to be a gamble anyway
Gear:
B-52 ATX-100
Ibanez Acoustic

eh, theyre cheap, and if you buy them jj or another refutable maker, they are mostly good. also, a lot of tube sites will help you out
but really, Winged C 6l6s are the best
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by Holy-Diver
eh, theyre cheap, and if you buy them jj or another refutable maker, they are mostly good. also, a lot of tube sites will help you out
but really, Winged C 6l6s are the best

Yeah, it's not gonna end up being so cheap to retube an entire 100w amp head 1 month after getting it!

I'm just not quite satisfied with the sound I'm getting, and I believe it's in there. I've just heard that they don't come with the best tubes, and I sure as hell believe it! It feedbacks like nobodies business!
Gear:
B-52 ATX-100
Ibanez Acoustic

i liked the atx100 i played.
put some good preamp tubes in there. pre tubes are pretty cheap and make a hella difference.
if you are getting a lot of feedback, you can take the amp out of the chassis, cut a piece of aluminum the size of the bottom, and nail it in there. it will help a lot, believe me.
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by Holy-Diver
i liked the atx100 i played.
put some good preamp tubes in there. pre tubes are pretty cheap and make a hella difference.
if you are getting a lot of feedback, you can take the amp out of the chassis, cut a piece of aluminum the size of the bottom, and nail it in there. it will help a lot, believe me.

Okay, sounds like some good advice...

One hitch though, 4 of the preamp tubes are some cheap sovteks... and the other 2 have a metal cover over em. What gives?
Gear:
B-52 ATX-100
Ibanez Acoustic