I am looking to build a simple On Off Footswitch for my Orange Thunderverb head. It is pretty much just a single footswitch with LED and a 1/4" mono output jack. I assume this is very simple but I was wondering if someone would be generous enough to do a quick schematic of parts and connections for me in MSpaint or something. If it needs to be run off a 9V, I would prefer to run it off my Daisy Chain or atleast have the option to. Thanks.

It is pretty much this except with a 1/4" output jack instead of having the cord attached.
Quote by cpetersonx
Doesn"t the LED need some sort of power source?

It depends on how the relay is activated. Sometimes it just completes a ground circuit, sometimes it completes a circuit that runs off of heater voltage, which is 6.3v AC. If it completes the active circuit, it will have power.

That ought to work, but I haven't had any coffee yet.

Look good guys?
Thanks guys. I want to get a beginners guide for stuff like this. Any suggestions?
Quote by cpetersonx
Thanks guys. I want to get a beginners guide for stuff like this. Any suggestions?
Just one. Do some research. Get a schematic for YOUR amp.
It's likely you won't need a separate power source for the led.
But there's no way to be certain without a schematic for the amp.

If you can't find a schematic for your amp on the net, email Orange and ask them to send you one.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
except for the fact that i have no idea why anyone would want to use a 4k7 ohm resistor for an LED in this application. i mean is that even even going to allow enough current for the thing to turn on?
Quote by jof1029
except for the fact that i have no idea why anyone would want to use a 4k7 ohm resistor for an LED in this application. i mean is that even even going to allow enough current for the thing to turn on?
It depends on the voltage of the PS. If it's +15v, that will allow about 2.7 mA. Not terribly bright, but maybe bright enough. This might work if you were trying to illuminate the LED when the relay was off, then use the switch to short this portion and engage the relay.

But the wiring to the switch looks wrong, either way...
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
But the wiring to the switch looks wrong, either way...

I guess not, since the on/off switch would make or break connection right?

so one way the switch should not connect the tip to the sleeve.

...right?
Quote by Bingt
I guess not, since the on/off switch would make or break connection right?

so one way the switch should not connect the tip to the sleeve.

...right?
The left side of the switch will cause the connection to be made between tip and sleeve in one of the two positions. The position when the poles are connected to the upper throws.

But it's unnecessary to use a separate power supply for the LED.
Either wire it in series with the switch and allow the relay to limit the current.
Or in parallel with the switch and use a resistor to limit the current. (in this case, the LED is illuminated when the relay is not engaged.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411