i dont know where a logical place to ask this question is, so i guess ill ask here.

so ive got years of jazz/classical guitar, as well as piano training as it is. but i figure, for the music education major, voice class cant hurt, because if nothing else it helps to know the sound of pitches without having to play them.

so today, i decided to try out my pipes, and found out my vocal range consists of the vast range(sarcasm) of F natural on the top e string, to something around, maybe a# on the d string was when i was starting to strain and stopped trying to go any higher.

so my question is, what does that classify me as, a soprano? and for my intents and purposes, is that a sufficient range to take an introductory voice class?
An A#? I can at LEAST get to Bb.

Zing.

Anyway, training really helps. Learning how to push your notes out from the diaphragm, resonating on your palate, all the right stuff.

So my answer is, yes. Take that class. You can only improve.
the singing and vocals sub-forum would be an infinitely more appropriate place to put this
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by TimboSlice
An A#? I can at LEAST get to Bb.

Zing.

Anyway, training really helps. Learning how to push your notes out from the diaphragm, resonating on your palate, all the right stuff.

So my answer is, yes. Take that class. You can only improve.

I can hit a High b on the twelveth fret on the B string.
now that i think about it my range is actually decent....
Quote by cerpintaxt45

so today, i decided to try out my pipes, and found out my vocal range consists of the vast range(sarcasm) of F natural on the top e string, to something around, maybe a# on the d string was when i was starting to strain and stopped trying to go any higher.
so my question is, what does that classify me as, a soprano? a

That would make you a baritone
"Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it." ~Henry David Thoreau
Quote by XianXiuHong
Someone likes bragging

IM sorry but its something that ive been practicing for a long time and take very seriously and since people were sharing their range i thought i might as well.