Okay well
I'm not sure whats going on but when I play pull-offs on my guitar they hardly sound off.
Hammers-ons are okay but pull-offs just sound terrible.
Im not sure whats going on.
I think it might be something about my action though.
I'm pretty sure that im pulling-off correctly. Because i do awesome on my friends guitar.
Any help, guys? Thanks in advance. Also They sound decent on the lower frets, but when i get to the higher pitched notes they hardly sound off. So the pull-off gets crappier when i get closer to the Bridge.
Last edited by lol2theworld at Oct 7, 2009,
Quote by Fintrollx
Well it might be because of the action in your guitar, if the hammer doesn't play correctly (maybe because of very low action) the pull off played note might not sound good.

Could also be because the action is too high.
Quote by lol2theworld
Okay well
I'm not sure whats going on but when I play pull-offs on my guitar they hardly sound off.
Hammers-ons are okay but pull-offs just sound terrible.
Im not sure whats going on.

well, if your hammer-ons sound right, I would say that technique would be the reason pull-offs dont sound right
Last edited by OnEvOlUmEb!tCh at Oct 7, 2009,
I think you might need to practice it more.

I find its best to pull of fast ... Take your finger of the fretboard really quick.

You also need to take your finger of perpendicular to the fretboard. If your finger comes of at a little bit of an angle then the string will be muted a little bit and the sound wont be very clear.

Are you sure you are playing with your thumb in the right position?
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

When you're pulling off, pull the string down a tiny bit with your finger before you pull your finger off the string, so you are replicating the action of a pick on the string.
...Bleep Bloop...
well he says he can do it fine on his friend's guitar.... so i think his technique might be fine guys.

butt... too bad i dont know whqat could be causing the problem. do you think the action is too high or low? because i can imagine a high action would make pull-offs a little harder... but still do-able (that a word?)