Ok, what's the deal with the Epiphone doublenecks that are out right now? I was playing it earlier today at Guitar Center and it has like no access to the higher frets on the 6 string. Pretty much the whole point of getting that guitar is to play Stairway and there is no way you can do the last bit of the solo and that's one of the most dramatic parts of the song! Is it just the Alpine white version or did they change the entire design? I don't recall the ones they made a few years ago being that way. Either way that's a gross oversight on Epiphone's part, I'm tempted to write a letter, I just don't understand the world anymore.
I played one the other day, the guitar shop let my guitarist borrow it for a show we had. I found it to actually be very very comfortable and fret access didn't seem to be an issue at all...
Oh and you can use to play Hotel California too, but it's pretty much useless for anything else.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Last edited by consecutive e at Oct 7, 2009,
knocking on heavens door - gnr

you can play or even better make a own song with it...upper neck for great chords and the other neck for solos
Quote by hitl
knocking on heavens door - gnr

you can play or even better make a own song with it...upper neck for great chords and the other neck for solos
Oh yeah I forgot about Knocking on Heavens door.

Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Or you can be inventive and learn how to use it innovatively.

Anyway, I don't see how the fret access can really be any different than on a normal sg. The neck binding and cutout is the same there is just another neck above it.
Quote by Ape_Natural
Or you can be inventive and learn how to use it innovatively.

Anyway, I don't see how the fret access can really be any different than on a normal sg. The neck binding and cutout is the same there is just another neck above it.

The necks join the body at about the 16th fret, unlike the SG.

You can play it all the way up the neck, it just takes some maneuvering.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Or you could put in a guitar hero neck and midi, or oscillator or whatever it is.

Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Last edited by soundgarden19 at Oct 8, 2009,
Well, if they can do it, you can. I doubt Epiphone change where the neck joins if it was better in the first place.

I don't think it looks that bad, all you'd need is a little stretching.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Last edited by Lil Macker at Oct 8, 2009,