I don't understand how to use one

Do you play the note or chord everytime it "clicks"

Kinda giving you the feel for the rythym not listening to the click then play but doing it at the exact time and just getting the general feel on when the play according to the BPM?
each "click" is a beat. If you're playing in 4/4 for example, you play 1 1/4 note per beat and 4 notes per measure. the idea is to use it to control your playing speed and gradually increase the BPM so your speed increases while you conserve your accuracy. It's a very good way to practice IMO.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by Zoso1994
each "click" is a beat. If you're playing in 4/4 for example, you play 1 1/4 note per beat and 4 notes per measure. the idea is to use it to control your playing speed and gradually increase the BPM so your speed increases while you conserve your accuracy. It's a very good way to practice IMO.

you can play any note value you want, 8th notes, 16th notes, some form of triplet etc. it depends on what you want to practice.
Last edited by MapOfYourHead at Oct 7, 2009,
Quote by Zoso1994

I have no clue what you just said really :\
f***** google people. i just google'd it and the first 100 results will tell you the answer in detail.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Quote by sammo_boi
f***** google people. i just google'd it and the first 100 results will tell you the answer in detail.

Thanks for helping.
are you reading tab or notation because i only use it for piano but im guessing if your read it of notation on guitar it should be easy
Quote by Bloodavian
are you reading tab or notation because i only use it for piano but im guessing if your read it of notation on guitar it should be easy

I'm using guitar pro

What i'm doing atm is using guitar pro and playing along to it on repeat which seems to help but i only started doing this today

Is this a good way?

or should i use a metronome i have one on my phone
So far this is what i've learned 4th notes is where you do a note on each "click" and 8th notes is where you do a note on the "click" and one in between the click

is this correct?
^ yes thats correct. its all simple math really. 16th notes in your language would be 1 note on the click and 3 before the next click. make sure you concentrate on playing them evenly spaced. an eight note TRIPLET is one note on the click and TWO evenly spaced inbetween the click. most metronomes allow you to set higher pitched 8th note clicks as well as your quarter note click, and even higher pitched 16th note clicks. start with the quarter notes and grind on it until you can tap your finger on the table to a steady tempo.

by the way, to your fx-260. its a beautiful and smooth-playin guitar aint it!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Last edited by SYLrules88 at Oct 8, 2009,