so yesterday i was jamming at a mates place, he has a 5150 mkII and i had my JSX. i was worried that at half power i wouldn't be heard over him so i turned the switch onto full power before switching the amp on while still in standby. i left it to warm up the tubes for about a minute before turning it off standby onto play.suddenly boom, power goes dead, and i have blown a fuse.

long story short, apparently turning the amp from half power to full gives such a surge to warm up the tubes more than half power can blow the fuse. my question is, besides prayer, what is the best way to switch from half power to full power without blowing a fuse?
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Turn it to full power.
Turn the amp on and put it on standby.
Wait 30 seconds.
Play.

Or so I'd do it...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
thats what i did, the fuse blew :S
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

The fuse is there as a warning sign to prevent further damage when something is wrong.
In this case, I would bet that one or two of the power tubes that are not in use when at half power are failing or have failed.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
+1 Van, although it could be a fluke thing, sometimes fuses blow with no apparent reason. I would replace the fuse, if it blows again you know for sure somthing is wrong.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6