Has anyone put ibanez tremolos on their guitars other than ibanez? Does it work without any hassle? I'm thinking of replacing my licensed floyd rose on my ltd kh202 which has rusted a lot. I'm thinking of the edge zero as i heard it is superior in tuning stability. Opinions? Experiences?
I wouldn't think the EZ would fit the routing on your guitar. Try the forums at http://www.jemsite.com - there are some people there who know a lot about Floyd Rose trems, especially Nuno, I think his/her name is.
Most people don't put Ibanez trems on other brand guitars because of the hassle it would be. Sure if your a big name pro you could just have your experienced and well payed tech do all the work. In a normal case it would be much simpler to just switch it with an OFR because a lot of times LFR have a drop in to OFR, or with a little routing. Plus Ibanez trems cost an arm and a leg.
How much would the edge zero actually be? I would like a tremolo that doesn't go out of tune when doing Steve Vai style whammy not like i can play any of his stuff.
I think edge zero is the trem that has a completely different pole placing from other trems. In which case you will not be able to put it in your guitar.
The OFR would not go out of tune and would be easier to get hold of.
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

Last edited by ILuvPillows? at Oct 7, 2009,
Quote by Gilbert93
How much would the edge zero actually be? I would like a tremolo that doesn't go out of tune when doing Steve Vai style whammy not like i can play any of his stuff.

Well considering an Edge Pro costs around $250usd I would assume the EZ would be near the $300 maybe I dunno if it's a big improvement and pricing over the Edge Pro but meh. Either the OFR or Schaller LFR will work for you and won't go out of tune doing whatever tricks you plan on doing and they might just be alot simpler to fit into your current guitar.
OFR dude, I love edges to death but save some cash and hassle and get an OFR. Drop it in (98% of the time) set it up and go.
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!