Hey guys for those of you who know me, I've been trying t sweep, well I've got 3 string arrpeggios down, but they're a bit noisy, I'll hopefully post some clips later, if I buy a pod 2.0 today. I can hear each note clearly, it's just My bottom strings (5 and6) pickup the notes I play. Any tips? My fingers go straight up off the strings
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
You have to mute the low strings with your picking hand as you are picking the other notes.
Anything below what you are picking should be muted with your fretting hand.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
if u use the neck pickup it will have a cleaner sound, but try to get your fingers perfectly synchronized and u should be all set
Like a palm mute with my pick hand?
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Quote by westdyolf
Like a palm mute with my pick hand?

Yes...kind of.

When you are playing a note you can mute the strings under the string you are on with the meat of your finger. basically don't arch your fingers as much.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
This is what i used when i learned to sweeppick: Tie a t-shirt/random piece of cloth around the neck at about the first 3 frets over the strings, not too tight, not too loose. You'll get a very clean sweeping sound this way because the t-shirt is muting all the other strings. When you think you can do it clean without the cloth, remove it
arrpeggios are some easy ****..
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Soon to have an Ibanez RG1550M, 350M, and RG2610!!
Quote by 3lusive
This is what i used when i learned to sweeppick: Tie a t-shirt/random piece of cloth around the neck at about the first 3 frets over the strings, not too tight, not too loose. You'll get a very clean sweeping sound this way because the t-shirt is muting all the other strings. When you think you can do it clean without the cloth, remove it

This, and a small hairband helps too.
Quote by 3lusive

If you hide the problem how can you tell if you got rid of it?