Hey, I have an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, and ever since I bought it, I've noticed that upon switching to the neck pickup, the volume will occasionally drop out, sometimes completely, and takes a little while to get back to normal.
Also, when the volume drops out, the volume knob for the neck pickup doesn't seem have have any effect on the volume, but the knob for the bridge pickup does.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? Dodgy wiring/switch/pickup?

Any help would be appreciated
Purely a guess:

perhaps you have your knobs backwards, as in you aren't sure which is which... For my Gibson LP Studio, the neck pup volume knob is closest to me and the bridge is below that.

When you switch to the neck pup are you putting it on the rhythm setting or the setting between rhythm and lead (aka top position or middle position)?
Quote by theGlitch
Purely a guess:

perhaps you have your knobs backwards, as in you aren't sure which is which... For my Gibson LP Studio, the neck pup volume knob is closest to me and the bridge is below that.

When you switch to the neck pup are you putting it on the rhythm setting or the setting between rhythm and lead (aka top position or middle position)?

Nope, I'm pretty sure I know which knobs are which, I've had this guitar for a while now .

I'm setting to the rhythm(top) position, and I should have maybe clarified that the volume knob mix-up thing only happens when the volume drops out, but when the volume goes back to normal, the neck pickup volume knob starts working again.