Does anyone know any of the US laws prohibiting persons under the legal drinking age performing in liquor establishments?
I just did a show with 3 minors in the band... we had to be first act and they had to leave as soon as the set was over.

I'm not sure if that's how the law works, or if that's how the bar worked it... I think you should be fine, especially if their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) are present
It varies a bit by state/country. Unless it has changed, in TX, minors have to be accompanied by a parent/guardian. It may also vary bar to bar. They may have their own rules about minors. I'd say you need to check your State, and even Local laws. In some cases, cities can also have different ordinances. Most bars aren't usually thrilled to work with minors, because they can be a liability, plus they rarely have a fan base that is old enough to get in and drink.
Quote by chokmool
It varies a bit by state/country. Unless it has changed, in TX, minors have to be accompanied by a parent/guardian. It may also vary bar to bar. They may have their own rules about minors. I'd say you need to check your State, and even Local laws. In some cases, cities can also have different ordinances. Most bars aren't usually thrilled to work with minors, because they can be a liability, plus they rarely have a fan base that is old enough to get in and drink.

this

Most places don't care as long as you have a parent/guardian, and they definitely look fondly upon an underage band that can bring in adults to drink, so hit up your parents friends, teachers, etc.
I think it does vary from state to state. Only experience I (sort of) have with that is my sister is a minor, and she accompanied a band she knew to a bar and she acted as their merch saleswoman that night. According to her, the bar would only admit people under 21 if they were in or with a specific band.
Schecter Hellraiser V1 / Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 / Gallien Krueger 400RB / Hartke Transporter 4x10 / Digitech BP200 / Pod Studio GX
Depends on the bar. If you're 18+ most of the times (depending on their policy) they will just mark your hand as under so you won't be served alcohol. If you're under 18, it depends on the bar. They may let you in as a performer or you may have to be accompanied by your parent or legal guardian. If a bar has been fined for minor before, they may not even allow you in with a parent. Check with the owner/head manager before you go. Tx state law says a minor can drink under the supervision of their parent/legal guardian, so you should be able to get in anywhere w/your mom or dad. But ya, check first. (I play in bars constantly and am tabc [Texas Alcohol and Beverage Commission] certified)