Hi, new to forums
I'm thinking about buying an amp, but I have no idea which one to get.... Too many choices for my adhd to handle. I'm currently playing an Ibanez RG and i'm looking for a good metal amp that is not insanely expensive
Quote by Ilikelobster
Hi, new to forums
I'm thinking about buying an amp, but I have no idea which one to get.... Too many choices for my adhd to handle. I'm currently playing an Ibanez RG and i'm looking for a good metal amp that is not insanely expensive

If you want the most versitale amps, based on the fact that we know little to nothing about your style. A few Choices here that I think can do just about anything.

Line 6 Flextone
Line 6 Vetta
Line 6 Spider Valve
Randall RM80 MTS
Egnator Rebel
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Quote by AngryGoldfish
Budget?
Location?
Genres/Bands you play?
New or Used?
Gigging or Home use?

Welcome!

This?
Well, I pretty much play everything that takes my fancy..... I mean like everything. JFAC to beatles... so not much help there. I've wanted to get into more metal playing, but haven't bothered considering my amp isn't that great and it's pretty annoying switching between tunings (RG is only guitar I have worth playing )
Don't really care if it's new or used, as long as it works. Mostly for home use I guess but me and my buddy have been working towards getting a band together. I'm on Vancouver Island, Canada, and as for budget, preferably under 1000 dollars.
Thanks for the help
Quote by thrasher.

Wow. You have went above and beyond any expectations I had. Unfortunatly I wasn't planning on getting one immediately, just to figure out what I wanted when managed to scrounge up the $$$.
Thanks again
The Line 6 Vetta II is perfect. I second trasher's recommendation.

If you use a BBE Sonic Stomp in the effects loop of the amp, it really livens up the tone. It's an awesome setup I used myself for about six months. You'll never really fully crack open it's capabilities though, and I suppose that's it's greatness. The option of combining two amp simulators in stereo is a great way to tighten up your metal tone. If you've discovered, for instance, a really heavy death metal tone, but find it too fizzy or brittle, you could add a really crunchy, etheral channel in the other mix and jam them together. It most cases, it lends to endless, glorious posibilities.