Well today someone walked up to the door and handed me a package!
Of course, I was anxious to know what was inside, so I thought I'd open it

...The mystery box!

Could it be.. ...My bulk order of salt 'n pepper crackers?!

... NO!

It's a Carvin Quad X-Amp.. preamp!

It's my first preamp to go with my 9200, about time too, had the marshall since april :P
It's lovely, never thought it'd be this much louder than going through my digitech pedal though, it got way loud!
Had a look at the tubes, they're all unmarked, except for number 2, 3 and 4, which are sovteks (12ax7's)

Enough talk, MOAR PICTURES!

So now this is my current rig:

And a family shot!

The cab's a self built thing, had some bumps along the way... That's why the grille cloth frame doesn't quite fit :P

Clips:
[coverass]So I've got some clips up, admittedly my playing is ****ty and I didn't put much effort in to it, but I guess you still get to hear the preamp kinda[/coverass]
I did one clip of each channel, with maybe like a couple different sounds and on channel 3 and 4 I go through the gain range quickly. Then theres one more clip of me butchering that little solo bit from "to live is to die".
All of this was recorded like "guitar -> preamp -> pc" and using the cab sim on the preamp.
I can assure you these clips do NOT do it justice xD

Channel 1
Channel 2
Channel 3
Channel 4
To live is to die
Last edited by Ducky-Kun at Oct 7, 2009,
Thanks all

Quote by 667
HNAD!!!
Is that a Mustaine sig?

Indeed it is!

Quote by SimplyBen
Noice! HNAD

I demand teh clipz!

Don't got no mic, I'll have a look though, might try the built in cab sim. I've been wanting to play around with impulses too.. Might have some later on
SweeT!!! HNAD
90+USD to change preamps tubes I always wanted to try out some Cavin stuff but it never been popular in my area. I must admit that looks to be an epic preamp, HNAD
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
Quote by AngryGoldfish
Congratulations. It's cool to see a different kind of NGD.

+1 the "OMGIGOTZABLACKSTARHT-5/PRACTICEAMP" NADS are boring as sin.

HNAD TS!

PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
HNAD man.

And I swear, I had a dream about the 9200 a few days ago. But before that I have never seen one. Yet in my dream it looks identical to the real life one. Who knows, maybe I saw it somewhere.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Woah...9 preamp tubes, a spring reverb tank...a metric buttload of electronics...

I'm impressed. More shocked by how they fit 9 preamp tubes AND the spring reverb tank all in there...but still.

HNPAD! (Happy New PreAmp Day)
Amps
Randall RG50TC, Roland Cube 15x

Guitar
LTD MH-100QM, Washburn X12

Effects and Etc.
Ibanez Weeping Demon, Boss FV-500H, Ibanez TS7, Ibanez PH7, dbx 31-band EQ, ISP Decimator
What a coincidence, I was just at someone's house who has that preamp and the marshall 9200.

Your name isn't bob is it? -_-

HNGD
WTLTL 2011
HNAD! Have fun shelling out for 9 new preamp tubes though
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by Mark G
What a coincidence, I was just at someone's house who has that preamp and the marshall 9200.

Your name isn't bob is it? -_-

HNGD

Nope, but I am dutch