Can mounting ring go with any guitar ???? i have a hss strat ???? would that fit on my pickguard ???? ( i know i probably will have to drilled new hole !!! but can i fit it ???

ive never seen a strat with mounting ring
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Why would you want it? With a Strat, the pickguard acts as a mounting ring. If you really wanted to do it, you'd need to pull the poickguard, and mount all 3 pickups directly to the body, as well as somehow fill and drill or cover the big ugly hole where the controls are.

Also, putting eighteen question marks doesn't make people want to answer you any more than it would if you structured your sentence in a proper coherent fashion. I'd guess you're French, but even still.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Last edited by bv310 at Oct 7, 2009,
^ or you can place on on top of the pick guard , its not unseen i think some pacificas have it
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Now that's something I've never seen before. Looks kinda cool.

lots of guys do it to their strats when they're used to having that ring to plant their hand on, some guys i know even put them on as dummyrings either for looks or feel..
well the reaosn is i cut through the pickguard to fit a humbucker on my squier mini and with the exacto i sometimes slip and slighty go further than the pickup ...leaving a few scratches ...

a ring would cover it all and leave no skratches + it would hide the holes that were there before .

thanksx for the info .. ill put one for sure .
Bedroom rock star :

- Agile 3200 Slim
well the reaosn is i cut through the pickguard to fit a humbucker on my squier mini and with the exacto i sometimes slip and slighty go further than the pickup ...leaving a few scratches ...

a ring would cover it all and leave no skratches + it would hide the holes that were there before .

ion

thanksx for the info .. ill put one for sure .
Bedroom rock star :

- Agile 3200 Slim
Definitely post some pics when you do, I'm interested to see how it looks.

Quote by bv310
Definitely post some pics when you do, I'm interested to see how it looks.

ok ive only had the squier mini since yesterday . im doing pickgaurd and sanding now ( taking off the original red color .)

so far ive cut into the pickguard ( not quite finish .. will see when ill receive my humbucker for the right space ill need . ( the humbukcer will be in angle .)

and im 90 % in the sanding ... will be all done tomorrow morning ... i havent choose a color yet

here a pic so far :

its only the beggining ... ill continue tomorrow .

everything will be change on the mini ... , paint job , pots , switches , seymour duncan invader in the bridge ( humbucker) , fender schaller locking tuning keys .

ill post picture as a NGD in the forum when its all completed and fully set up .

etc..

Bedroom rock star :

- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Oct 7, 2009,
where's the bridge at?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
where's the bridge at?

its a hardtail bridge ( non tremolo ) ... ive remove it for sanding . you can see the 5 hole of the bridge right to the pickguard .
Bedroom rock star :

- Agile 3200 Slim