Ok I posted this before but thought I'd try again since I got no responses before.

I finally settled on the Fender Jaguar as my second guitar. I'm hoping to use it for both "poppier" things (the single coils just balance that nicely) but also more experimental sounds (from the bridge, shorter scale etc). However I'm now unsure which type of Jag to buy.

The two I'm currently looking at are:

Fender Classic Player Jaguar - http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/79097

and

Fender Jaguar 62 Reissue - http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en...-jaguar-62/8913

So has anyone had any experience with either or both these guitars? The 62 Re-issue is moderately cheaper, and can be made in white, which is probably the colour I'd want most.

However, I've heard the vintage style bridge, especially on the MIJ Fenders can cause string slippage when played with force (which is a somewhat given, huge fan of the Omar Rodriguez-Lopez school of guitar spazzery). I found this problem when testing one in Glasgow (the Classic Player wasn't available).

The Classic Player appears to boast a number of "modern improvements", but are these actually noticable/important, or do they somewhat ruin the tone of the instrument itself? The bridge does seem infinately more stable however.

So yes, any help appreciated. If you've had any experiences with either or both, could you please share and help me decide.

If it makes a difference, I am at some point planning to change the pick-ups, perhaps for Seymour Duncans. So therefore a pick-up difference between the 2 models isn't too important (though I'd rather the "out the box" tone is as good as possible, may take a while to pay for new pick-ups).

Thanks!

My gear's in my PM if it happens to make any difference to people's recommendations.
I use flat wound on my jag 62 makes a huge difference and sounds awesome
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
^How does it make a difference? Just in sound or does it help string stability in the bridge?

That's my main worry, that I'll knock all the strings out onstage.
helps keep them in place improves the tone i think. It allows for lower action also. It was actually recommended to me. what kind of music are you playing. it does help with stability and also higher guage helps. I currently have 11s on mine and want to go back to 10s on it, just wanted to try it out.
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
the classic player is great-- i have one
they fixed all the bad things from previous jags
i also have the american re issue-- its good to-- all depends how much you want to spend--
if you are leaning towards the classic player for it's value-- buy with confidence
Quote by joey arce
helps keep them in place improves the tone i think. It allows for lower action also. It was actually recommended to me. what kind of music are you playing. it does help with stability and also higher guage helps. I currently have 11s on mine and want to go back to 10s on it, just wanted to try it out.

Yeah I'd heard that. Wanting quite a high action though, my PRS is set up as my speed guitar, would like to use the Jag for more expressive bends and slides.

Quote by brokenarrow5
the classic player is great-- i have one
they fixed all the bad things from previous jags
i also have the american re issue-- its good to-- all depends how much you want to spend--
if you are leaning towards the classic player for it's value-- buy with confidence

Mainly punk, but I'll also be using it for feedback heavy noise/experimental music, and some poppier indie-esque stuff too.

I'm aiming to spend no more than £600 (So like...$1200? I don't really know the conversion rate)