Hey, I'm looking for a nice budget explorer around ~300e and i found the Epiphone Korina explorer 1958 and its specs are great.

However i'd like to know if it is really as they say, mahogany body and set mahogany neck? it's just that i've read somewhere that their necks are maple..

thanks in advance
Epiphone 1958 Korina Explorer Specifications

Pickups: 2 humbuckers
Hardware: Gold
Scale Length: 24.75 inches
Nut Width: 1.68 inch
Neck: Set
Neck Material: Maple
Fingerboard: Rosewood
Fingerboard Inlays: Dot
Body Material: Korina

EDIT** According to Sam Ash however the neck is Mahogany
Last edited by jfreyvogel at Oct 7, 2009,
I was originally planning on buying one of these soon, but I'm gonna invest in an Esp Eclipse. The explorers should be made out of all mahogany as all sites that I have been to have specified. Either way, they are still great guitars for the price.

ZJEDIT: I didn't notice the key word 'Korina' at first. as the poster above has shown, the Korinas have A korina body and neck. However, I know for sure that the Ebony ones are made from Mahogany
Last edited by 1201ZJ at Oct 7, 2009,
Yeah i'm guiding myself from thomman... that's where i would buy and there they say:

Epiphone Explorer 1958 Korina electric guitar - mahogany neck, korina body, 2 humbuckers, 1 toggle switch, gold hardware. Colour: Natural

and musicstore:

Features:

* Korina body
* set Mahogany neck
* Rosewood fingerboard
* Dot Inlay
* scale: 24.75"
* nut with: 1.68"
* 2 Humbuckers
* Gold hardware
* Finish: Korina

!!! 3 years Music Store warranty !!! -

-----

the thing is that in the reviews i've read maple necks, unless they were older models...

if this is indeed mahogany neck it's a great buy coz i have here great quality hardware and pickups to replace it and turn it a nice guitar without spending extra.