i'm looking at getting an epiphone valve junior which does not have the 3 band eq you usually see on an amp such as tone, bass and middle. i was wondering does an eq pedal do the job as the onboard eq. if so could recomend any ones that are worth looking at, i would have about €50 to spend on one.
Save some cash and get the smaller electro harmonix/ MXR EQ pedal, its pointless buying a cheap crappy EQ pedal, itll just make it sound bad overall
Quote by Anthony1991
Save some cash and get the smaller electro harmonix/ MXR EQ pedal, its pointless buying a cheap crappy EQ pedal, itll just make it sound bad overall

The danelectro one is fine. Its lacking more in features than sound quality. (Most notably the gain slider on the MXR.)
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
^The Fish & Chips actually does have a level slider
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
thanks for the suggestions. would the pedal do the same thing as if i was using an onboard 3 band eq?
In general what do people think of Danelectro pedals? (Sorry if this is off topic, but there's already a good discussion about them.)
I've seen them so incredibly cheap on Ebay that I was really considering buying some but currently the only pedals I've owned are Boss, and I'm afraid to try new things...
Quote by britishsligean
thanks for the suggestions. would the pedal do the same thing as if i was using an onboard 3 band eq?

yeah, and you should look on Ebay. Unless the box and the fact that it's new means a lot to you, you can get pedals at about 1/2 their retail price. So with that in mind you may be able to afford a higher end pedal.
Quote by britishsligean

yes. it will simply stack. the pedal shapes ur pickups natural eq, then the amp shapes that overall sound. so it just gives u more control over ur tone (even more-so on the pedal cause theres more bands).

i love my fish n chips. the only thing is, if u push the slider too much to give a lot of boost, it gets kinda muddy/harsh. so use it in moderation (although this may happen with all eq pedals, the DE is the only one iv owned).
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Last edited by xxunder-takerxx at Oct 7, 2009,
Quote by IsThereLoveInSp
^The Fish & Chips actually does have a level slider

The MXR has a gain and a level... I don't understand the difference but apparently there is one.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
The MXR has a gain and a level... I don't understand the difference but apparently there is one.

Ah, my bad then. If anyone in here has the MXR, can you please explain this?
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet