Every now and then, a friend of mine will be cruising through my iPod and see something that doesn't agree with my so-called "musical tastes".

For instance. I'm mainly into melo-death and thrash, so when something like Rodrigo Y Gabriela (spanish/folk) or He Is Legend (post-hardcore) pops up, there seems to be a culture shock.

So Pit, what do you listen to that people don't expect you to?
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
The goverment.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
The goverment.

....hmmm.

Yeah, alright, thats funny.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by Kensai
The goverment.

Yes, Kensai. We all c wat u did thar.

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Gigi D'agostino (love him or hate him, he IS responsible for some of the most catchy mixes from italy)
Björk (again, love her or hate her, she IS creative)
Herbie Hancock (you can only love the guy and I bet his name will be censored: Hancoc k)
ive got everything from Slayer, to Jack Johnson, to The Shins, to Beethoven, to Three 6 Mafia, to Crystal Castles, to Celtic folk music and it goes on and on and on.

it tends to piss me off when people scroll through my music and make disparaging comments about my having Beethoven, or Chopin etc...
I listen to some Russian pop music to help me learn vocab and pronunciation. Otherwise it's mostly classic rock, English speaking.
I'm not bashing Bjork, but it made me think of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQXZx-etXLU

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
I love good metal(Judas Priest) and shred(Yngwie Malmsteen) to Classic rock(Boston) and i think the one that most people wouldnt get, even more than Paganini or Mozart, is the Gipsy Kings. I don't know why but i love some good mariachi bands and they even did a cover of Hotel California which is funny and great.
hmmm...

billy squier, flo bots, maroon 5, don henley. definitely not within my usual line-up but i listen to them nonetheless...
Quote by Absinthe750mL
ive got everything from Slayer, to Jack Johnson, to The Shins, to Beethoven, to Three 6 Mafia, to Crystal Castles, to Celtic folk music and it goes on and on and on.

it tends to piss me off when people scroll through my music and make disparaging comments about my having Beethoven, or Chopin etc...

+1
I'm "African-American", so when people look at my iPod or my computer the expression on there face says, WTFISTHIS?!
God Is An Astronaut
Billy Joel
Fleetwood Mac
(I tend to like mostly metal)
Anekdoten
Best Prog band you've never heard.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!