Hey, all,

I'm trying to do the bevels on a guitar (RRV) in solidworks. Can anyone tell me what tool I should use? I haven't managed to figure it out yet.

Have a sizzlin' day!
AJ
Quote by conor1148
who cares if they're drawn,

boobies

Gear:
Peavey Supreme 100W head
Crate 4x12 cab
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Modded Johnson Stratocaster
You could do a chamfer. You could probably also do an extruded cut, then set the cut to follow a path.
So far it seems that the chamfer is working nicely. I'm sitting at my computer in the lab now...
is it possible to do a non-parallel chamfer? If so, how do you set it to do that?

I'm having a little bit of trouble with the other option... can anyone tell me how to edit the path?
Quote by conor1148

boobies

Gear:
Peavey Supreme 100W head
Crate 4x12 cab
Oh, this brings back memories of my last job...

When setting the path, if I remember correctly, when in the extruded cut menu-thing, you choose to have it follow a path, then just select the edge in the little path box. Is there any way you could post up a screen shot of what your trying to do? That would help, at least for visualization purposes

EDIT: try checking the solidworks tutorials too. They're great to use for reference when you don't know exactly how to do what your trying to do.
Last edited by Tostitos at Oct 8, 2009,
I'd be kinda interested to see the modeling when you get done. I am working on a full Solidworks modeling of my Explorer design, and it would be interesting to see someone else's work in it...
Chain:
Fingers -> Schecter Damien FR -> Fulltone OCD -> ABY Box -> Bugera V22 / Peavey 6505+
What was your last job, Tostitos?
I'll try that when I'm in the lab tomorrow. Thanks for the advice, guys!

Yeah, of course. I'd be happy to send you my model when I'm done.

Have a sizzlin' day,
AJ
Quote by conor1148

boobies

Gear:
Peavey Supreme 100W head
Crate 4x12 cab