Yeah it's good for metal, but I would just save up the cash and get the Ec-1000 Vintage black...only LTD with ebony fretboard
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
I think thats a very good guitar, but if you can try it first it would be better. I've already played one and it feels very nice.
Even God has a Hell, his love for Humanity.
by Friedrich Nietzsche

Call me Edge
Quote by Anthony1991
Try using google with "reviews" tagged on the end of the guitar name

Very funny -.-

I've already done that. I just want more opinions.
Quote by gregs1020

I was going to mention the EC1000 dropped to $599.

Nah, its $700.
Quote by gregs1020

I was going to mention the EC1000 dropped to $599.

No... It's still at 699 range at the lowest. Where the freak did you find those price drops anyway. The sub $600 range belongs to the 400 series.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by darkcheef
Nah, its $700.

Nope, the green, white and blue are $599. EC1000 model that is.
See the link in my last post.

I believe the 401s haven't dropped yet, but I could be wrong, stuff happens everyday and I'm off today.

Edit: Hang on people, I'll grab the link.

Edit2: Here. http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_EC1000%20LTD%20Deluxe%20Electric%20Guitar%20Assorted%20Colors_-1_10052_10002_183578_cmCategorySA181061

I slashed $100 off that, thanks to a "coupon", making it $499.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Oct 7, 2009,
Quote by darkcheef
And they couldn't wait to do this on Chrismas ..................

From what I'm hearing the xmass sales are going to be very good this year. I wouldn't sweat it. These just dropped late last week and stores have a lot in stock.
Quote by EvoLancer211
Yeah it's good for metal, but I would just save up the cash and get the Ec-1000 Vintage black...only LTD with ebony fretboard
I believe I'm getting this guitar for Christmas, as I played it at Guitar Center in August and told my dad I really liked it.

Yesterday I found a note written by him saying
"Esp EC-1000 Vintage Black
ALR1762857"

Quote by Pat_s1t
I believe I'm getting this guitar for Christmas, as I played it at Guitar Center in August and told my dad I really liked it.

Yesterday I found a note written by him saying
"Esp EC-1000 Vintage Black
ALR1762857"

For the love of GOD why is it ALWAYS vintage black?

Honestly, am I the only one who finds a flat black guitar almost appalling? I mean really! There are other colors on the spectrum besides red and black!

/rant

Anyway, I might have to pickup an EC-1000 in Amber Sunburst. Yum. I dig the fact that its flexible and can play teh metalz and teh bluez ftwz.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n

Honestly, am I the only one who finds a flat black guitar almost appalling? I mean really! There are other colors on the spectrum besides red and black!

/rant

Anyway, I might have to pickup an EC-1000 in Amber Sunburst. Yum. I dig the fact that its flexible and can play teh metalz and teh bluez ftwz.

the white is way better than the average"I needz a black geetar becuz I play teh metalz"
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Soon to have an Ibanez RG1550M, 350M, and RG2610!!
^^ I'll agree with you. I think a white guitar is an attention ***** for sure. It sticks out so much compared to black, and more colors.

I mean, everyone wants to have a badass looking guitar, but so many things like quilted top and flamed top maple are obviously cosmetic that you and the person directly below you on stage will see, if even that person.

The on stage lighting would have to be good to show off flamed or quilted maple. I've subsided to go with a flat color or sunburst. Maple tops look nice, but normally jump the price a bit for almost nothing unless your ear can hear it.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n

/rant

because the vintage black one happens to be the best looking EC 1000's. Abalone FTL.
Quote by darkcheef
I like blue guitars more than any

I like the purple ec-1000..
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Soon to have an Ibanez RG1550M, 350M, and RG2610!!
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
^^ I'll agree with you. I think a white guitar is an attention ***** for sure. It sticks out so much compared to black, and more colors.

I mean, everyone wants to have a badass looking guitar, but so many things like quilted top and flamed top maple are obviously cosmetic that you and the person directly below you on stage will see, if even that person.

The on stage lighting would have to be good to show off flamed or quilted maple. I've subsided to go with a flat color or sunburst. Maple tops look nice, but normally jump the price a bit for almost nothing unless your ear can hear it.

Maple tops aren't purely aesthetic.
the amber is my fave and it has duncans witch are more my style
my friend has a h1001 with duncans in the see through blue and its awesome