I need small bedroom amp which will well get on with Metal Muff with Top Boost. It has to have at least 10" speaker.

I can spend max 200$.

I thinking of these three: Crate FW15R, Crate V5 and Laney Cub 10?

Maybe sth else?

Please help me.
Roland Cube before anyone else says it :P

Most amps take well to pedals, its all about the EQ most times. It depends on the master volume as well, under say 1/4 the sound and boost just isnt there
I'd rather go for one of those line6 devices which you can connect to your laptop or pc. They sound great and you have the opportunity to record your stuff in quite good quality as well. And imho, it'll sound much better than one of those tiny cheap amps.
Does it have to be new?

If not look for a crate palomino/v-series (other than the V5 you have listed...)
Too bad that price is an issue. Hayden makes some incredible amps.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Roland Cube for pedals?

I don't think so! All distortion pedals I've used with cubes have been pretty awful.

Although the Cube is a good suggestion if you're going to be playing metal and have a $200 budget. But you're not going to need a pedal.

EDIT: Woah 4 replies in the time it took me to type that!

One question TS, why don't you want modelling?
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Last edited by Sampy at Oct 7, 2009,
iv had a valve jr with metal muff, and it was decent. came through very clear but missing a lot of low end (as u will with most low wattage amps). combo comes with 10" and u can get it DIRT cheap, or the half stack with 12" speaker.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
maybe the marshall mt-2 and a really good distortion pedal or maybe the new mg 10 or 15 watt fx
Used Vox AC4TV? They only run 250 new, surely you can find one used for 200. They take pedals really well, and the built in attenuator is a nice plus.
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
Quote by eyebanez333
Does it have to be new?

If not look for a crate palomino/v-series (other than the V5 you have listed...)

^ This, a V5 or V8 Palomino can easily be had for under $200. Ebay is your friend.

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Metal Muff = Fizzy muddy mess.

sell it and buy a Vypyr 30 or a VT30
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
iv had a valve jr with metal muff, and it was decent. came through very clear but missing a lot of low end (as u will with most low wattage amps). combo comes with 10" and u can get it DIRT cheap, or the half stack with 12" speaker.
Actually the combo has an 8" speaker and sounds nowhere near as good as a 12" cab.
Valve jr won't be any good because of 8" speaker. If it will have 10"... It would be fantastic! I rather think about laney cub 10. What do u think about it? Is it any good?
Vox AC4, Bugera V5, Palomino V5

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.