Page 1 of 2
kickass
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

Last edited by Jaekae at Oct 7, 2009,
Sweet! Can't wait to see this come together.

And I'm stealing this --->
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
that's what I'm talking about

awesome man
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
part 1 ?
no, please tell its not another 8 parts NGD like Ibanez_psycho did
Anyway, that's sweet man

Going to make some clips now.

Quote by Sguit
part 1 ?
Anyway, that's sweet man

Nah, just 2 parts. Picking up a power amp tomorrow.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Sguit
part 1 ?
Anyway, that's sweet man

Why not!?? Even though we all wanted to kill him out of sheer jealousy you still have to admit that they were epic!

Sweet preamp, Mark. Did you grab that new or used, and how much did it set you back?
HNAD!

i thought it was an HT-5.........
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Why not!?? Even though we all wanted to kill him out of sheer jealousy you still have to admit that they were epic!

Sweet preamp, Mark. Did you grab that new or used, and how much did it set you back?

Used for 350 euro. Looks absolutely spotless as well, couldn't find a single scratch.
WTLTL 2011
Dude, HNGD!!!

We'll have to do some stereo rif***e with my 900 and your Engl it'll be Br00tL
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
Dude, HNGD!!!

We'll have to do some stereo rif***e with my 900 and your Engl it'll be Br00tL

Sure thing man! Hit me up anytime
WTLTL 2011
I will
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
i wunna do stereo too D:

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
i wunna do stereo too D:

I'll play with you too

WTLTL 2011
k : D

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Brett and Jin just hit me up with what you want to record and we'll go from there.

Made a really quick double track thingy to see how it compares to the blackmore amp. Didn't even use a metronome for this lol.

Impulse recording no post EQing. All settings about 50% contour off.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1010558/Quick%20test.mp3

It is less noisy than the Blackmore, has way more bass and a tad less high end fizz. Gain structure seems to be nearly identical, just like the amount of gain.
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Oct 7, 2009,
what power amp did you use?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
what power amp did you use?

Impulse. Not sure what was used in it. I think it was Krank.

*edit*

I think I played pretty tight considering I didn't even use a metronome or drums and double tracked
WTLTL 2011
*scrolls up*

Quote by Mark G
Used for 350 euro. Looks absolutely spotless as well, couldn't find a single scratch.

WTLTL 2011
Quote by mcrfobtai
God damn it Mark, you made me look like a fool
Thanks

(sorry)
WTLTL 2011
HNAD

Own one of those and like it, will be getting an E570 soon, so good thing I didn't go for the Blackmore.
sound so.......Awesome...

HNGD

(i wish i can play like you)
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Quote by Business
HNAD

Own one of those and like it, will be getting an E570 soon, so good thing I didn't go for the Blackmore.

Nothing against the blackmore it is a killer amp and I loved owning it and playing it, but this preamp is just better suited for the recording method I use and the music I play. The e570 is incredible as well, gotta love the MIDI capabillities.

Quote by O.O Meow O.O
sound so.......Awesome...

HNGD

(i wish i can play like you)

Thanks, although this really doesn't show my playing. Was just a 10 min double tracking job without a metronome or drums. Check out my profile or my band page to get a better idea.
WTLTL 2011
I just think spending near 2000$ (in CND money) for an amp which resembles the E530 a lot would have been a waste. I'ld rather spend 2400$ on the E570 and get a larger sound spectrum... and have other people jealous
Personally I don't have that kind of money I'd def. get an e570 if I could.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G
Brett and Jin just hit me up with what you want to record and we'll go from there.

Made a really quick double track thingy to see how it compares to the blackmore amp. Didn't even use a metronome for this lol.

Impulse recording no post EQing. All settings about 50% contour off.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1010558/Quick%20test.mp3

It is less noisy than the Blackmore, has way more bass and a tad less high end fizz. Gain structure seems to be nearly identical, just like the amount of gain.

That sounds super killer sick. I love it. There may be an Engl in my future some day.

I say that about a lot of amps though

Seriously, nice and dark and tight and nice.

PS: You should have just waited for the power amp to come in. Then you could have done a massive trolling NAD like mine. 'Hey guys I sold my Blackmore for this preamp but I can't get any sound out of it. HALP'

I gotta say I haven't been a big ENGL fan at all. But hearing your clips makes me want to test drive that preamp. How does the cleans sound on it?
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
That sounds super killer sick. I love it. There may be an Engl in my future some day.

I say that about a lot of amps though

Seriously, nice and dark and tight and nice.

PS: You should have just waited for the power amp to come in. Then you could have done a massive trolling NAD like mine. 'Hey guys I sold my Blackmore for this preamp but I can't get any sound out of it. HALP'

I've noticed the e530 is darker than the blackmore but in a good way. Blackmore was a bit fizzy every now and then. I'm done trolling haha, getting too old for that stuff

Quote by Ducky-Kun
HNPAD!

Must be the time of year for the dutch people to get new preamps

Indeed! Must be the rain. Bad weather? **** it, I'll get a preamp.

Quote by JLT73
I gotta say I haven't been a big ENGL fan at all. But hearing your clips makes me want to test drive that preamp. How does the cleans sound on it?

Bit compressed, but very useable clean. The bright switch also lets you go from nice and warm to sparkle, pretty versatile. My clip really doesn't do this thing justice. I recorded that with only 10 minutes of tinkering, and I didn't even use a real poweramp or cabinet.
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Oct 8, 2009,

HNPAD! I love mine, can't wait to see what poweramp you're going for, I'm looking for a poweramp for mine atm!
Gear:

Ibanez RGT220H
Schecter C1 Elite
Ibanez EWC30
Maxon OD-808
Framus Cobra
Peavey 5150 MK1 Block Letter
ENGL E530 Preamp
Mesa Boogie Standard Rectifier 4x12

Music:

http://www.myspace.com/morethanthisuk
badass
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Page 1 of 2