This is a pretty basic thing that I'm doing here. What I have planned is a re-finish for my guitar, then to have Children of Bodom sign it on friday, then clear-coat it.

This is just a placeholder for now, but pictures will be rendered. If anyone has any helpful comments, feel free. Or just say how cool I am.

EDIT: Here's a picture of my painting setup, admire it.

There's this weird effect in the primer which I hope will be solved with more primer.
oops gargantuan picture.

EDIT: More pictures, here's a good pic of the color of the whole guitar.

There are a few bumps and bubbles on the guitar. Nothing major like a huge run or anything, but they're there, and somewhat smallish. From what I understand I should sand those out with a high grit, but the highest I have is 220. I'll give it a shot.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Last edited by woodenbandman at Oct 8, 2009,
just make sure the marker they use wont be rubbed off/ smudged/ blurred by the clearcoat

test a whole bunch of markers out first to makle sure you get the one that'll work best with your clear..
That is quite a good point.

I'm thinking silver sharpie but I'm not sure. I may have to go with a paint pen after all.
My Blog

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
COB RULZ!
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Bought the enamel yesterday and I'm gonna get started on painting today. At the same time, I'm going to be doing a test run on a throwaway piece of wood to test for sharpie smudging. I'm using a blue sharpie on my test, but it's the same principal.
My Blog

Bump for pictures. I'm in the process now, it's about time to add another coat of primer.
My Blog

There are lighter spots. I think it might be because I sanded too far in places, but in the updated pictures it's fading when I put more coats on.
My Blog

^I have not. Should I go out and purchase some right now?
My Blog

Noted.

EDIT: Though I also noted at the bottom of the first page a guy named SkeetUK who a lot of people seem to agree with. It seems to me like I could use his method of painting. Either way I should probably go get some 600 and possibly some steel wool eh?
My Blog

Last edited by woodenbandman at Oct 8, 2009,