need some advice, still kinda new to singing, been practicing scales daily for about a week, and on and off a month before that, its a cover of wish you were here by pink floyd, its not complete sry, the chords and strum pattern i wasnt sure of, its been awhile.

im trying to get decent at singing, any advice is appreciated.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/yabes24/music/all/play713178
sounds good, but try to really sing louder. sounds weird but when you do that you can make it sound better. and also try singing with your hands over your ears, so you can hear yourself better
LEEDLE LEEDLE LEEDLE LEE
You've got a nice tone to your voice, but I don't think you're singing the pitches, it's a little more like nice sounding talking. Try playing the melody on your guitar, note by note, and match each pitch.
Quote by Chaingarden
You've got a nice tone to your voice, but I don't think you're singing the pitches, it's a little more like nice sounding talking. Try playing the melody on your guitar, note by note, and match each pitch.
This. You sound like you have a good ear, but some interval training and a little more vocal control will definitely help you to hold pitches instead of just rolling over them.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
I agree also, I didnt hear very much emotion, kind of like you were mumbling a bit. Other than that, good job
Dont sig me, bro!

Quote by Unourrit01
i love you.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lulstack?
thx, for all the comments, i notice i do need to sing louder, its something im gonna have to play around with, it always feels like im having to sing softer to balance my voice and the guitar, since if the guitar gets too loud it makes a nasty noise on the recording, i think its because the mic is so sensitive, but im gonna try turning it down, or recording the guitar and vocals seperate, and interval training is a good idea, its been awhile since ive done any. and practicing the melody. and im still doing scales, they help alot. thx again
Try to learn to slide with your voice. By slide I mean, when you are singing a particular note go like:

Ahhhhhhh aeeeeeee ohhhhhhhhh ooooooooooo in an ascending or descending pattern.

You have to sing way louder. Don't be afraid of what it might sound like. Gotta find your breaking point. You have a pretty soft voice for singing, with more practice you can really hit some nice notes.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I'd have to say, practice to scales. Nice tone, but you're singing off key.
Guitar: Ibanez RG321MH with EMG 85/60
Amp: Peavey 6505+ 1x12 combo
Musical styles: Progressive rock, thrash metal, post-hardcore.
put feelings on ur voice, and see the difference between singing differnetly and running mouth slowly while drunk ....i feel a sleepy voice wana say something , before hits the bed.
Quote by Nelsean
Try to learn to slide with your voice. By slide I mean, when you are singing a particular note go like:

Ahhhhhhh aeeeeeee ohhhhhhhhh ooooooooooo in an ascending or descending pattern.

You have to sing way louder. Don't be afraid of what it might sound like. Gotta find your breaking point. You have a pretty soft voice for singing, with more practice you can really hit some nice notes.

do you mean, practice those sounds while still on the same note or in a scale?
Same note until you reach a lower or higher octave.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all