Hey guys,
A few months ago i bought my first guitar effects pedal, it also just so happened to be the best one ever made, the Pod X3 Live, and months on i still can't get to grips with this thing. I have started to get used to programming my own presets etc but i love to record and playback songs,and i used Adobe Soundbooth to do all that, but now I have the Pod i was wanting to record from the device itself, I've heard people doing this sortov thing before. I just wanna know how to do it.

Programs I have for the X3 Live are;
GearBox
Line 6 Monkey

If possible i need some advice on how to do this, but i don't want to spend anymore money on software for the Pod, I already paid enough for just the device.

Peace Y'all
    Plug it in via USB, load up something like gearbox to make sure your pc is registering that its plugged in (not necassary)

Open something like Audacity (adobe soundbooth I guess) and then change the input to your pod. Your pc thinks of it as kind of an external soundcard, mine comes up something with Pod in the name (I have an XT Live) and your all set...

And to get a good recording, set the output on the pedal as going studio direct, and make sure you make use of the A.I.R settings, select your mic, set the 'room' to whatever you like, i have it around 10% and make sure you select the right cab.

Hope this helps.

Edit:
    Make sure your patch doesnt clip the signal too btw, you dont need the channel volume that high for recording i have noticed, you dont want your pod clipping or compressing your sound too much, you will see lots of dynamics in your recording, and dont let them get clipped if you can, unless you like that sound ofcourse.
    Last edited by Bigaxmax at Oct 7, 2009,
    Quote by minimotofisher
    Hey guys,
    A few months ago i bought my first guitar effects pedal, it also just so happened to be the best one ever made, the Pod X3 Live, and months on i still can't get to grips with this thing. I have started to get used to programming my own presets etc but i love to record and playback songs,and i used Adobe Soundbooth to do all that, but now I have the Pod i was wanting to record from the device itself, I've heard people doing this sortov thing before. I just wanna know how to do it.

GearBox
    Line 6 Monkey

If possible i need some advice on how to do this, but i don't want to spend anymore money on software for the Pod, I already paid enough for just the device.

Peace Y'all

try posting this in the effects forum, recording forum, or registering over at the line6 forums and asking over there.
      Quote by minimotofisher
      Hey guys,
      A few months ago i bought my first guitar effects pedal, it also just so happened to be the best one ever made IMO, the Pod X3 Live, and months on i still can't get to grips with this thing. I have started to get used to programming my own presets etc but i love to record and playback songs,and i used Adobe Soundbooth to do all that, but now I have the Pod i was wanting to record from the device itself, I've heard people doing this sortov thing before. I just wanna know how to do it.

GearBox
      Line 6 Monkey

Peace Y'all

FIXED
      You should just have to connect the POD to your computer via USB, load up soundbooth and change what the recording input is.
      LesPaul
      Pedals
      OrangeRocker30
      My band
      PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Thanks for your replies guys, I downloaded audacity and moved away from soundbooth, I much prefer it and the recording works great

cheers (Y)
      I've never used Soundbooth, but if you think Audacity is better, it must not be that great

Download Reaper.

Also, update your software to get POD Farm, it blows Gearbox away.
      Quote by Dave_Mc
      I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
      Quote by jj1565
      maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com