i'm looking at getting an epiphone valve junior, and i was wondering would an eq pedal be worth getting seing as there is no onboard eq. any suggestions for one would be greatly appreciated, i have about €50 to spend on one.
Yeah... that, and a good OD pedal. I'm not sure what the exchange rate is right now, but I know you can get the MXR 6 Band for about 60 USD. Also, the Danelectro Fish N' Chips is about 30 USD.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by FrustratedRocka
Yeah... that, and a good OD pedal. I'm not sure what the exchange rate is right now, but I know you can get the MXR 6 Band for about 60 USD. Also, the Danelectro Fish N' Chips is about 30 USD.

i've currently got a ds-1, the mxr is abit to much but the danelectro is in my budget
ds-1 does not = overdrive. you'd want an actual overdrive, not a distortion.
EQ + Distortion + OVerdrive = Versatile setup.

get a BOSS GE-7 or something, cheap used and they do the job.

danelectro cool cat drive is nice, i use one instead of distortion on alot of punk songs.

(i mean real punk, the clash, sex pistols. etc.)

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
EQ + Distortion + OVerdrive = Versatile setup.

get a BOSS GE-7 or something, cheap used and they do the job.

danelectro cool cat drive is nice, i use one instead of distortion on alot of punk songs.

(i mean real punk, the clash, sex pistols. etc.)

Out of the Dano and the Boss, definitley get the Boss. Quieter (a bit..) and more reliable than the Dano.

Also +1 to the idea of distortion and OD no sense in limiting yourself.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

What kind of tones are you going for?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What kind of tones are you going for?

i mostly play rock and i occasionally play blues and metal.
the boss eq pedal is abit to much so the danelectro looks a good bet for me to get.
EQ and and a good OD will blow your mind on a quality Tube Amp. It really is worth it. I use the GE-7 and Ive never been unhappy
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
I'd go with the Dano, that's what I use with my VJr. Also just a side note, the SD-1 is a cheap OD and while I usually think it is harsh and too trebly, with the already dark VJr it actually sounds very nice. Just a thought.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
An EQ with the Valve Jr. does wanders. I always ran the MXR 10-band with mine. I used it to drive it a little harder too...just dime the gain slider.
I've only played a few EQ pedals, but Artec make great value-for-money pedals. The Artec Parametric EQ is a solid piece of kit.