Reading the manga "Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou" has really broadened what I see as the end of human life.

YKK is a story set in a post-apocalyptic world where children are few, the old are plentify, and artificial life lives among them. That Artificial life is but a android type, an A-7. There are really no traces of earlier models whatsoever and these types mostly consists of females as the male ones have unusually died out.

Now onto finer details.

---

What are these type A-7s? Where did they come from? The main character is Alpha, an A-7. She runs a small cafe that barely ever gets any customers due to the fleeting life of humanity.

Is it bad that these androids are possibly going to outlive us?

Is it strange that all the male versions have died out? Even the one male type(named Nai) Alpha runs into is very bland. Does this have some connection between how more feminine materials are held in higher appraisal than male ones and are more pleasant to gaze upon?

Is it bad that both Maruko(another female droid) and Alpha are going after Kokone(another female type) instead of Nai despite knowing him? Does this only further support what I said earlier?

What were they built for anyways? This is something Kokone is always thinking about throughout the manga.

At one point, she writes a long letter to Alpha(to which she only replies "My, what a deep thinker). There she talks about how Alpha has helped her feel more human than she did before, to behave more human. She also concludes that she was probably quite human already, her robotic properties just a part of her personality.

Do robotics hold a deep consciousness that we are just unaware of?

Near the end, Kokone talks to herself abit more(or probably another letter to Alpha) about how they are probably Humanity's children. How they were all the emotions of humanity put together.

Is this talking about how mechanics were birthed from Human ingenuity? How we place everything about ourselves into it and rely on it. Perchance, it'll carry humanity's legacy like a son or daughter after their parents are gone.

---

Now how about the lack of kids in the story? There are pretty much 2 kids in the story. 2-3 other ones Alpha sees in the city but they are unimportant. Everyone else is quite old with a handful of others being relatively young such as Shiba(Kokone's fox-eyed friend).

Now what about human sexuality? Many of the people end up single in the manga. Why is this? Is this how humanity would end? Is human sexuality going to, as some say, pewter out? Many of the characters seem fine with this as well. The only person who ever really worried about it was Shiba and despite that, she didn't seem to enthusiastic about getting back into a relationship.

The only one who seemed to get any sexual attention was Kokone who wasn't really sexy at all(more cute than sexxeh). And in the end, she's gay for Alpha.

---

Now how did the world get like this? It's obviously nearing the end of humanity.

The top of Mount Fuji has essentially been blown up somehow. The cities of the past are either drowned and being washed away or are in ruins.

What are the "water gods" and the other strange natural protrusions? They seemed recreate a ruined city. Does mother earth keep record of what once lived on it? Will it miss it?

The whole place seems to be in an act of "cleansing", in reference to the great flood stories and such. Is this nature's way of restarting the world??? Engulfing what humanity once held? With forage and dirt swallowing up paths and roads and the sea swallowing cities up?

---

Now to the topic question... will humanity accept it's death!?!!?? All the people knew their end was coming. Despite this, they all seemed content to live just like they always did and enjoy their lives.

Will we be like this? Our people are always in an upheavel about the ends of the world.

The androids seemed to value the lives of humans than the humans did themselves.

When Alpha was talking to the oldman she had known for a long time, he tells he she should probably move her cafe into his place to avoid the rising tide of the engulfing sea. Alpha begins to cry as she knows the old man is talking about himself passing away.

Also after Kokone and Shiba hang out and Shiba jokes about how she'd love to be an android like Kokone so that she wouldn't age. They both seemed happy, promising to meet up there like always but in the end, Kokone has a pretty somber expression as she looks away from Shiba.

---

Now, I know this is all fictional work, but it is quite deep. It's an ending to humanity I find real acceptable, despite being quite solemn and sorrowful.

The author called it the Age of the Calm Evening.

The Night of Humanity, and that may be it peaceful.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
tl;read half
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
I skimmed it.

It's quite a lot of text for a purely hypothetical question
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
well, after an excruciatingly long and boring read, the only question i have is "why are you still making such long, stupid threads?"
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Oct 7, 2009,
tl;dr mostly.

I don't think humanity will have a choice whether or not to accept its death.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
I don't think anyone has ever written so much, yet at the same time delivered so few points.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Was that a summary or an analysis? Also, what are you going on about?
Last edited by bendystraw at Oct 7, 2009,
So...why don't all the young people mate and the old people just take care of them?

That seems like it would make more sense than...whatever it was you said.

I named one of my guitars Kokone, by the way. Shame it was a piece of crap.
Complete and utter tl;dr. And coming from me that's amazing.

Edit: hey Demonikk we registered at the same time. (the interesting fact of the thread )
Quote by Dog
You must be able to tremolo pick like a mad man.

Quote by RinestoneCowboy
How the **** do you jerk off?

Oh yeah: I'm a French-Canadian so excuse my English .
Last edited by el toro DKiAB at Oct 7, 2009,
Quote by byob_soad2
I didn't read it, but isn't this the (at least) 3rd time you've posted this?

It's different.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by el toro DKiAB

Edit: hey Demonikk we registered at the same time. (the ONLY interesting fact of the thread )

fix'd
Quote by Demonikk
Sir, you take forever to say nothing.

^this
Only about 5% of the people who look at this thread will actually read what you wrote.

EDIT: when the world goes into an apocalyptic stage I'll just grab a towel and flag down an alien demolition ship.
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
Last edited by kingofdudes161 at Oct 7, 2009,
Read the first part....scrolled down for a tl;dr.....

Posted this....

I don't think humanity as a whole will...but it's not like we have a choice.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
fix'd

Quote by Momentosis
It's different.

Who would notice
Quote by Dog

Quote by RinestoneCowboy

Quote by kingofdudes161
^this
Only about 5% of the people who look at this thread will actually read what you wrote.

EDIT: when the world goes into an apocalyptic stage I'll just grab a towel and flag down an alien demolition ship.

i beat you to it, only more subtle
The female androids shat on the male androids from a great height.
Undignified? Yes.
Does it get the job done? Absolutely.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
This thread is now about waffles.

I had waffles this morning. They were delicious. Lots of syrup, little bit of cinnamon. Holy damn it was good.
Quote by dudetheman

Is that an authentic pictures of your very own waffles ? In any case, waffles are awesome . But pancakes are so much more better.
Quote by Dog

Quote by RinestoneCowboy

Nope, it's a stock picture from Google. Still look pretty tasty.

I do enjoy pancakes a lot as well. I just hadn't had waffles in quite some time, so it was a nice treat. Waffles are also better with fruit than pancakes.

One time I made pumpkin pancakes. It was just about the most delicious breakfast food ever.
Quote by dudetheman

TS, how many freakin' questions do you feel you need to ask?! You're the one who read/studied/ jerked over that ****, get your own damn answers.
Quote by piop
TS, how many freakin' questions do you feel you need to ask?! You're the one who read/studied/ jerked over that ****, get your own damn answers.

He's messing with your mind .

Perhaps he's even trolling .
Quote by Dog

Quote by RinestoneCowboy