I am planning on taking my stuff into my basement soon to free up room upstairs. Of course, the basement is usually the coldest place in the house (at least mine is), so how do you maintain proper temperature and humidity throughout, 24/7? I am just very nervous about this (maybe a bit too much but would certainly like to be cautious before taking it all down there).

I am going to buy a few space heaters soon anyhow for the house, but before I get one chugging along in the basement and have my bills spike, figured some with basement setups could help if that's not the most ideal means...

Also, are amps (tube amp here) significantly affected by temperature?

Thanks.

(Apologies if this isn't the appropriate forum, wasn't sure which one would be best as it's fairly generic (mods do yer thang if need be).
Takamine EG341SC
Godin Freeway Classic -> Boss TU-2 -> Fulltone OCD -> MXR M173 -> Boss RC-20XL -> Traynor YCV50 Blue
its not the cold or heat, its the humidity!
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
It's not your amp you should worry about - it's the guitar. The wood can expand and contract (particularly with high heat and humidity) which would cause checking of the finish.

With cold, I think you'll be fine, though, provided nothing gets wet.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Hmmm, well currently I use one of these for my acoustic, refilling every week or less. Is that enough? Or will I need to shell out for a room-sized (or rather basement-sized) humidifier?

I am guessing the basement is dryer along with being colder.
Takamine EG341SC
Godin Freeway Classic -> Boss TU-2 -> Fulltone OCD -> MXR M173 -> Boss RC-20XL -> Traynor YCV50 Blue