Poll: which one?
Poll Options
View poll results: which one?
Ibanez S520EX
6 40%
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
9 60%
Voters: 15.
I narrowed down by choices to two of these guitars. I mostly play metal, rock, shred kind of stuff.

Ibanez RGT42FXQM

-Mahogany body
-5-piece maple/walnut neck
-24 frets
-neck-thru
-fixed bridge
-INF1/INF2 humbuckers

Ibanez S520EX

-Mahogany body
-3-piece maple neck
-22 frets (not a big problem)
-zr trem
-INF1/INF2 humbuckers

So thanks for your help.
I just bought a brand new green RGT42FXQM for $420 at a shop nearby (It had small ding on the back of the guitar).

That guitar is sexy as hell, and I cant wait to put the zebra D-Sonic and Air Norton I ordered into it.

Not a tremolo fan at all, so Id say get the RGT.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
Id say the rgt is probably better, although Ive never had one. Although if you wanna do whammy bar stuff get the other one. Although, if you really wanted to do whammy bar stuff I guess you could get the RGT. Ah screw it, just go with what you feel.
Quote by turd_ferguson
[0:17] If my parents knew I was part of a group who celebrated christmas by drinking cough syrup they would probably cry

WEATHERER, the greatest band ever.
If you havent picked up an Ibanez S, you should.. I wish they would make a hardtail S, theyre so thin and light, its crazy.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
Well if I get the S that would be my first guitar with a trem. So if anybody has any experience with the zr system can you tell me if its good for somebody who had no experinence with a floyd rose. I was also going to try out both of the guitars but the guitar center near me didnt have either of them in stock.
I would go for the S if you plan to do whammys and divebombs, and the RG if you're not. imo I love S series and don't like RGs as much, but you may not have the same opinion as me. Go play them both and decide which one you want. Only YOU know what you like best.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by POWERMETAL!
the rg, i saw one once with a reverse headstock and sharktooth inlays.. it looked killer.

I think thats the Ibanez RG5EX1. I also think it looks pretty cool, but I heard too many bad things about the edge III.
Quote by Mitochondria9
If you havent picked up an Ibanez S, you should.. I wish they would make a hardtail S, theyre so thin and light, its crazy.

I agree. I've played a few S series Ibanezes and quite liked their body shapes. Felt real comfortable compared to the RG, which felt more boxy. I guess the S felt more stratty in terms of comfort(?).

Anyways, my vote goes to the S, but that color is ugly. Have you looked into the Japanese market (Ishibashi?), they have some colors not available in the US.
Quote by FallsDownStairs
I agree. I've played a few S series Ibanezes and quite liked their body shapes. Felt real comfortable compared to the RG, which felt more boxy. I guess the S felt more stratty in terms of comfort(?).

Anyways, my vote goes to the S, but that color is ugly. Have you looked into the Japanese market (Ishibashi?), they have some colors not available in the US.

If I get the S I'm going to get the black colored version.

Last edited by young rocker106 at Oct 8, 2009,