Would this be a good song to practice sweeps on? I didn't see it in the list of songs by technique. If it helps, I'm already in C# standard.
It sure would be. The only problem is that it is sweep tapping, so if you can't do that you are gonna have to start with something a little easier. I suggest Heretics and Killers if you like Protest the Hero.
bands/artists I've seen: Protest the Hero, LIGHTS, Andrew Bird, Flight of the Conchords, Incubus, Nine Inch Nails, Between the Buried and Me, Guthrie Govan, Cynic, The Devin Townsend Project, Scale the Summit, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Darkest Hour
I was just checking the first one out and it looks difficult. If your not too advanced yet, maybe just practice the easiest ones first. But if your past that go for it.

Here's what I was talking about.

|--3--| |--3--| |---3--| |--3--| |---3--| |--3--| |--3--| |--3--|
S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S
-----------------15h-22p-15----------15h-20p-15----------------------------15h-|
--------------17------------17----17------------17----------------------17-----|
-----------17------------------17------------------17----------------17--------|
--------17--------------------------------------------17----------17-----------|
-----19--------------------------------------------------19----19--------------|
--20--------------------------------------------------------20-----------------|
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEn8HmgJxd4

theres the song for you. I wouldn't suggest trying it at full speed right away.

Are you just starting to sweep?
bands/artists I've seen: Protest the Hero, LIGHTS, Andrew Bird, Flight of the Conchords, Incubus, Nine Inch Nails, Between the Buried and Me, Guthrie Govan, Cynic, The Devin Townsend Project, Scale the Summit, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Darkest Hour
ooooh.....sweep tap

Edit:
I'm fairly decent at sweeping. I was looking at songs I like for good parts to practice so I would have a musical context instead of just moving through major/minor/diminished ones. I'd say I'm an ok sweep-er.
Last edited by Geldin at Oct 7, 2009,